The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not seeing deleted pedestals and outlet housings. 2000-2003 range vans.
This new format comes up with a blank screen regardless of what I search for, which I know is a separate issue.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Not even sure as to what your talking about.
I know that I have tied mine open..

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Garrett makes a pedestal without the hydraulic actuator cylinder. The also make a turbo outlet without the flapper valve. It sells as a kit as well with both items but every place says it will only fit the pick ups.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Hey nick the non ebpv pedestal is the same for the vans or trucks.

Strictly diesel or riffraff both sells the flange adapter for van turbos to fit in the trucks.

Id link you to them but I'm on my phone so it's a pain.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue how are ya? So I looked at Riff Raff and Diesel Orings and it makes no note of it " not for e vans ", like I said I was seeing. I know Om not crazy about having seen twice,"no e vans". Thank you. I will come across it do you don't think I'm crazy. Anyway good to know he can get it.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Well I guess I should clarify a little more. the exhaust housing is different between the van and trucks.

Truck has a tiny .84 exhaust housing. Van has a large non wg 1.15 ex housing

Vans have a 3 bolt ebpv outlet where as the trucks have a 7 volt ebpv outlet.

That adapter I linked to will get rid of the ebpv for the van or truck.

And I meant van not band in my other post. I corrected it twice and stupid autocorrect put band again.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm confused how an outlet flange with three bolts would fit on the side of a turbo for trucks, not that that's what I'm doing but we have way more than that. Can you explain? Are you also saying the side of a van's turbine housing the cover/outlet is only held on with three bolts? It's like six bolts here with a truck turbo.

I looked at 4 of these vans with leaking actuators so I brought up that kit. " you will email me that info Nick"?
I was there for scans and did not look hard at their turbos. I had the doghouse covers off to look at leaking up pipes.

The blank pedestals are all the same?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
- The van pedestal is a different part number than the 99-03 F series due to an additional heat shield bracket to hold up the turbo heat shield.
Just gut the pedestal and tap/plug the hole with a 1/4"npt plug.

- the "van flange adapter" might not work in vans due to the flange clamp also having a different part number than the pickups. Make sure you are able to return it if it doesn't fit your exhaust.
It is not hard to remove the butterfly valve and plug the hole with a round bolt/nut.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
The butterfly in the exhaust outlet is really easy to remove, pop the 2 rivet on the flap and separate the flap from the rod
. ImageUploadedByAG Free1447162053.840287.jpg

Remove the C clip on bottom (if I remember) and pull the arm use to open and close the valve in the housing. (Keep the C clip)
ImageUploadedByAG Free1447162097.090166.jpg

When the housing is gutted, you have to plug the hole where the butterfly shaft was. When i did mine i machined down a round stock to 0.0005 interference fit (not to tight make sure the housing will not crack) press it and reinstalled the C clip to make sure the plug doesn't go out.

For the pedestal you can get it machined down like that
ImageUploadedByAG Free1447161901.095800.jpg

And get the canal welded
ImageUploadedByAG Free1447161933.961101.jpg

Thats a option if you don't find a kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
The bottom port inside the cylinder was meant to free flow until the outlet port closes, which in turn pushes the piston forward. This means it is not absolutely necessary to plug any ports, although plugging the bottom port may increase oil pressure a bit to the turbo bearings. This may or may not be a good thing as the increased pressure might slow down the turbo due to increased fluid friction.

If you do decide to block the oil passage from free flowing the easy thing to do is to knock a stainless nail into the bottom hole and leave enough sticking out for it to sit flush against the cover plate so it doesn't come out.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Nick, I just bought a Rotomaster non-EBPV pedestal for my E-350 from [email protected] for $87, and the non-EBPV exhaust adapter for $63. The deleted van pedestal is the same as the truck with one difference. It is tapped for the heat reflector stud. I know this is a delayed response, but in the 7.3 diesel van world, any response is good! Hope this helps now or in the future.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Might you have the part numbers of the items that you used to make the change?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Alaska, here you go: Rotomaster (hi flow pedestal) # A1382205N, and Rotomaster (turbo outlet) # A1383801N
For the outlet, you could also use the nice billet one that riffraff sells for about $99, if you would like to just have 3 bolt holes. I buy most things from site sponsors when I can but I couldn't pass this one up! I just got the parts, but waiting for my pyro sender and WW2 so I can do all turbo, up pipes, etc. at the same time.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Alaska, forgot to include a 5% off discount code good til May 1, 2016: 4201468938126733
Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts