The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The brain? PCM? If yes, it located in front of drivers right knee, but needs to be removed from front of van. One screw holds the big harness on & 2 bolts, one on top & one on bottom holds the bracket/frame of the unit, then slides out front.
IIRC 10mm socket will do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how can i find the ECM wiring har
The brain? PCM? If yes, it located in front of drivers right knee, but needs to be removed from front of van. One screw holds the big harness on & 2 bolts, one on top & one on bottom holds the bracket/frame of the unit, then slides out front.
IIRC 10mm socket will do.
What about the wiring harness for the PCM, would you know how to find the part number for this harness?

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
I'm pretty positive that the body harness for your van is no longer available. If you have a problem with the harness, you're likely going to have to patch it.
What issue are you having?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty positive that the body harness for your van is no longer available. If you have a problem with the harness, you're likely going to have to patch it.
What issue are you having?
Transmission is acting up and Tranny shop said the PCM was bad?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Why do you ask about harness? If it were me, I'd call Brian http://brianstruckshop.com/
There shoild be a number on top of PCM . Look down on the top from the firewall side.(might need a small dental mirror) the # might be something like DPC 415 or MLU5 . You must match this number if you buy one. I kept my eyes out for a used one as a backup which I always carry with me.(along with a spare fuel pump, CPS, IDM, alternator, starter & PCM)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you carry MRE's in that rig too bork? Sounds like you got a rolling "bugout" situation going there! Where do you keep the 9mm. hidden?
😁:):):)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Do you carry MRE's in that rig too bork? Sounds like you got a rolling "bugout" situation going there! Where do you keep the 9mm. hidden?
😁:):):)
Heck yeah! More the merrier! There's much more i didn't mention. My starter went out at my hotel, last March, when I tried starting in the morning in WV. It was pretty cold & windy. I just happened to be on down side of wind in the shadow of the building. Told the office of issue & they were understanding of late check out. Gotter done & back on the road! I wasn't very thrilled of the task, somewhat a pia to get to the top 3rd bolt.(must have the correct length of extensions to fit) BUT glad I had the spare & didn't loose much time. vs waitng for tow & mechanic & possibly a low quality starter.
BTW, forgot to mention vacuum pump which is getting real noisey. I'm not going to use my spare because I just spoke to dealer & they have 3 year warranty now! Will be changing tomorrow.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Vacuum pump......That's funny. That's one of the few things (so far) that quite on me with this Van. That, the CPS and I just had a rear hard portion of brake line rot through a few months back. Not a bad repair maintenance $ total for a 2003 (98,000 miles) vehicle. Now I don't include things like tires, brakes, coolant change outs, Trans. fluid... As that's REQUIRED & EXPECTED maintenance. Oh, wait....I forgot the Ball Joint replacement at maybe 30,000 miles. That was a pretty big disappointment. (and a pretty big expense as I recall).
I tell ya, If I carried all that stuff you are talking about and more, I GUARANTEE whatever decides to crap out when I am on the road will be something I don't have or won't have some tool to deal with it. Plus I would have no room in the back of the Van to use it for what I want/need... (I use as a camper mostly). I'm loaded with water tanks & hot water heaters, Sleeping area, Cook Stove... Supplies of that nature. I got some tools & oil ...spare fuse's... But that's about it. I'll be calling for the tow truck if something happens to make it un driveable.
And that's not something I am looking forward to. DDT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts