The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nukes eh? Nothing quite like making thousands of square miles uninhabitable for decades (or longer) by pissing a few trillion bucks worth of enriched plutonium, uranium, deuterium, tritium, and beryllium into a hurricane to solve the problem of the outright stupidity of building (and worse, RE-building) a city along the coast in a KNOWN hurricane area...below sea level. Congress should condemn that place and not disperse another nickel towards "fixing" it. If the state wants to rebuild it, fine- but no more federal funding for levees, dikes, pumps, electric bills or cheap temporary trailers and relocation camps. That goes for any city built in stupid, irresponsible places. Besides, we need the tax revenue to pay for the damage done by the morons at Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae so "everyone can experience the amerikan dream of home ownership" at someone else's expense. And of course WE THE TAX SLAVES need to urge congress to hand $50 billion to the auto industry to keep their shareholders afloat. So go ahead and vote for you sociopath politicians that want to bring about "change" because that's all either party intends to leave in your pockets: change- mostly pennies. The GOP had ONE last chance to do right by this nation and uphold the constitution via Ron Paul. But now that's gone and we're going to reap what we've sown to the whirl wind.

"Fool me once, shame on...uh...me, fool me twice....uh, well anyway, we won't get fooled again." Yeah, right. Not in my lifetime.

Are you on Strike?

·
Registered
546 Posts
New Orleans got swamped because the Dykes were inadequate and in disrepair, not because of an error in judgement in placing the port city.
Actually, New Orleans got swamped because it was hit with a friggin' hurricane.

Carry on...

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Are you on Strike?
Nope- thanks for asking! After 31 years, I quit as a direct employee on July 25, jumped on a plane and flew to Charleston, SC and started on July 28 as a salaried contractor at a sort-of subsidiary (it's now half-owned by my former employer)- doing the same job on the same project with the same people. That amounts to running away from home and moving in at Uncle Bud's house for a bigger allowance. :jester:

The weather, scenery and people here are fabulous but the cost of good housing is spendy, just like the Seattle area. Biggest hill I've seen since I got here is MAYBE 15 feet high, and that has been a bit shocking. 15 minute drive to the Atlantic ocean which is about 83 degrees. Traffic is NOTHING like Seattle, but rush hour can still be a PITA for about an hour morning and night.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nope- thanks for asking! After 31 years, I quit as a direct employee on July 25, jumped on a plane and flew to Charleston, SC and started on July 28 as a salaried contractor at a sort-of subsidiary (it's now half-owned by my former employer)- doing the same job on the same project with the same people. That amounts to running away from home and moving in at Uncle Bud's house for a bigger allowance. :jester:

The weather, scenery and people here are fabulous but the cost of good housing is spendy, just like the Seattle area. Biggest hill I've seen since I got here is MAYBE 15 feet high, and that has been a bit shocking. 15 minute drive to the Atlantic ocean which is about 83 degrees. Traffic is NOTHING like Seattle, but rush hour can still be a PITA for about an hour morning and night.

Watch out for Tornados and Fire Ants and Tornados that spit Fire Ants at you.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts