The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many versions of ecu tuning are out there for the 6.4? And how can you figure out what you have and what someone else has? I Bought a tuner with custom tunes on it and none of them work on my truck. Kind of frustrating. Are tunes locked to vin so they only work for one customer vehicle? I.e. you unlock and unmarry your tuner, sell it to me, can I run the tune if my ecu has the same strategy? I can either buy new custom tunes or buy another used tuner for a little more (newer tuner as well, and cheaper than new) and hope his tunes work on my truck. If they don't, I still have to go buy custom tunes and more money in the pot. Yay.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
How many versions of ecu tuning are out there for the 6.4? And how can you figure out what you have and what someone else has? I Bought a tuner with custom tunes on it and none of them work on my truck. Kind of frustrating. Are tunes locked to vin so they only work for one customer vehicle? I.e. you unlock and unmarry your tuner, sell it to me, can I run the tune if my ecu has the same strategy? I can either buy new custom tunes or buy another used tuner for a little more (newer tuner as well, and cheaper than new) and hope his tunes work on my truck. If they don't, I still have to go buy custom tunes and more money in the pot. Yay.
If the device is unmarried and UNLOCKED, all you need is the right tunes to make it work. We were the 17th dealer to get signed up with SCT back in the day. We are a Calibrator Level dealer, so we can give you what you need. Give us a call, we'll point you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts