The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 F250 6.0L and I have read that I need to buy gauges. I looked up Edge Insight, the CS & CTS looks awsome. My questions is will the older Edge A2 give me the temp readouts that I need? I don't need to increase power just protect my engine.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have an 05 F250 6.0L and I have read that I need to buy gauges. I looked up Edge Insight, the CS & CTS looks awsome. My questions is will the older Edge A2 give me the temp readouts that I need? I don't need to increase power just protect my engine.
Do not get the Edge with tunes it may kill your trans. The CTS is larger than the CS in this case bigger is better:yesnod:

If you get the Edge Insight CTS a great tool, get the expandable probe so if you want to add more to it down the line plus you can run 8 things at one time.
http://stealth-automotive.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1634
Things you can add down the line like turbo timer & back up Monitor & fuel pressure
http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2011/04/edge-products-cts-update-turbo-timer-install/
http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2011/02/insight-cts-monitor-by-edge-products/
Ford Powerstroke 6.0L fuel pressure monitor and low pressure fix. | Toy Hauler Adventures
2 stroker:ford:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have the EDGE CS and love it. I have it combined with the Pyro probe which installs into the Exhaust manifold (a bit freaky drilling a hole into a perfectly good manifold). I leave it set to Level 3 and very rarely stomp on it. So far so good with the transmission. I stay up on fluid and filter changes, once a year dropping the pan bolt and external filter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The used A2 I'm looking at does not have a programmer. It is the EDGE A2 BACKUP CAMERA EC25000 88200 and tomtom navigator 500 monitor inside. Will this give me ECT, EOT, Trans Temp etc? I would like to buy the Edge CTS but momma is having a cow about the $, she wants to spend it on her bathroom remodel. What’s up with that? My barn needs a roof but we need to remodel a bath room! Sorry for digressing. The used unit I am looking at should be a lot less expensive but only if it gives me the info I need. Can the above unit give me most of the same info of the CS & CTS?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The used A2 I'm looking at does not have a programmer. It is the EDGE A2 BACKUP CAMERA EC25000 88200 and tomtom navigator 500 monitor inside. Will this give me ECT, EOT, Trans Temp etc? I would like to buy the Edge CTS but momma is having a cow about the $, she wants to spend it on her bathroom remodel. What’s up with that? My barn needs a roof but we need to remodel a bath room! Sorry for digressing. The used unit I am looking at should be a lot less expensive but only if it gives me the info I need. Can the above unit give me most of the same info of the CS & CTS?
I did some looking and the only thing i find is it gives you a camera a gps and things you don't need to watch and comes short on the things you need to watch, not for me.
You need to check ECT-EOT-EGT-TT-Volts-Boost, and others, for a gps i have a TomTom the Edge CTS with the exp. pyro will give you alot more down the road, so ask momma if she want to set at home and look at her new sink or ride in your truck:lol: because you can get into trouble real guick without good gauges:yesnod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. My wife read information from this forum about what could happen driving without gauges. We were on our way to town in my truck and as she read she looked around the cab and rubbed the leather seats (you would have thought it was a $50K truck not a $10K) and agreed to the gauges. She also agreed to EGR delete, add on coolant filter and whatever SMALL adders need to keep it running well. I have been in sales for over 20 years but I think this was my best set-up for a sale ever. Thanks to all for the info need to make the sale. What model of CTS has the exp. pyro? We often pull an 8000 lb travel trailer. Occasionally we pull a 12000lb. skid steer and an 18000 lb boom lift.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thanks for the information. My wife read information from this forum about what could happen driving without gauges. We were on our way to town in my truck and as she read she looked around the cab and rubbed the leather seats (you would have thought it was a $50K truck not a $10K) and agreed to the gauges. She also agreed to EGR delete, add on coolant filter and whatever SMALL adders need to keep it running well. I have been in sales for over 20 years but I think this was my best set-up for a sale ever. Thanks to all for the info need to make the sale. What model of CTS has the exp. pyro? We often pull an 8000 lb travel trailer. Occasionally we pull a 12000lb. skid steer and an 18000 lb boom lift.
http://stealth-automotive.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1634
Go to the link i posted and click on EGT Probe NONE then it will come up $129.00 i think it come with a window cup but i would get the Dash Pod w/ adapter: for $55.00 click on that one also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts