The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running the Edge CS2 or CTS2? I am trying to figure out what I need to get with the programmer. There is an EAS kit that comes with an EGT probe for readings that I plan on getting in addition to the unit. However, does the unit already measure boost and fuel pressure also, or will I need to get the additional Edge EAS sensors to read those? I would think the unit would just take the boost reading from the MAP sensor. I've read about a handful of people removing the AIH and putting in a boost sensor. I was planning on going this route, but if the unit already measures boost, then I don't want to get a sensor just to measure boost 6 inches away from where it already is being measured (the sensor and wiring harness are about $350). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
It will read the map sensor. But that isn't a completely accurate reading.

You would have to order both fuel pressure and boost sensor.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I've been looking into. I was planning on getting 2 sensors and the input wiring harness, but all that is about $500. I don't use my truck for heavy towing so if the boost reading is slightly off, that doesn't bother me. Does it read fuel pressure without an additional sensor?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
it will read boost to about 23 psi. so its not terrible.

no it wont read fuel pressure without an add on gauge.

fuel pressure is important but as long as you maintain the system its usually not an issue.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up going with the CS2 and like it so far. It has a lot of features (which I probably won't end up using) and is very user friendly. I am currently running it in Tow/Economy mode and am seeing about 19 mpg, and yes that is corrected for my larger tire size. I usually run it with the EGT, turbo boost, and Throttle Position Sensor gauges. I have it mounted just to the left of the radio and it seems to work well there as far as being able to see it, and it being out of the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered the mount from edge that goes over the air vent on left side of steering wheel for mine and really like it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts