The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to pick up a CTS this weekend given the incentives and discounts available. I am wondering if I really need a pyrometer on my 2007 F350 PSD or is the info on EGT from the PID good enough?

Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
312 Posts
it is needed if you want the edge to display EGT ,, it is not a OEM PID
I however chose not to get it and use a standalone AUBURN display with stagged alerts

the proprietery thermocoupler and price was a turn off on the edge that and I use all of the info i get on the CST I wouldn't want to loose one in favor of the EGT

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Planning to pick up a CTS this weekend given the incentives and discounts available. I am wondering if I really need a pyrometer on my 2007 F350 PSD or is the info on EGT from the PID good enough?

Thanks!

Paul
Paul
I see you pull a Triple Axle Trailer and a heavy one a pyro is a must if you do not want to melt something, the max temp is 1250* and before you turn it off cool down to 350* to 370* so are they a must YES :thumbsup: I pull a 14k 5er and look at mine all the time.
2 stroker:ford:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul
I see you pull a Triple Axle Trailer and a heavy one a pyro is a must if you do not want to melt something, the max temp is 1250* and before you turn it off cool down to 350* to 370* so are they a must YES :thumbsup: I pull a 14k 5er and look at mine all the time.

Thanks Guys! I realize now that I was looking at a 6.4L thread suggesting to bag the pyometer for the pid.....ooops.

Stroker - I have not gone on any hauls yet as I have had to mechanical issues on the truck that has prevented me to do so. I have benefited from your suggestions - coolant and oil bypass and other. Thanks for being so active and willing to repeat the same thing so many times for us newbies =) .

Paul

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Paul
How is the truck coming on the road yet:thup:

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Make sure you get the EGT starter kit for the CTS. The harness allows for adding additional sensors. EGDE has said they will be releasing a fuel pressure sensor soon.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure you get the EGT starter kit for the CTS. The harness allows for adding additional sensors. EGDE has said they will be releasing a fuel pressure sensor soon.

Thanks for the reply. I did order it even though we have yet to see an accessory yet. I have heard that the fuel pressure sensor is coming soon so I am holding off for 60 day....the I am off to the traditional. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts