The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth just buying the edge without the attitude? My only purpose would be to gain 40-60HP to enhance the towing performance only. I am not looking to drag race just towing performance. I heard the attitide does all this other stuff beside the gauges which i hear are not accurate so is it worth the extra $250 for the de-fueling and what ever other features it may bring to the table? thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
I personally like the Juice only. The shifting is much better in the max Juice level (100 HP), which is equivilant to the Attitude level 4. Shifting is VERY impressive without the attitude in this setting, however not so hot in level 4 w/ the attitude. If you plan on doing any towing, even with only a 65 HP bump, you will need an EGT gauge to be safe. If you don't want over 65 HP, you shouldn't need the defueling. The only problem is that once you feel the gain at 65, you're going to want go higher since it's just a button/switch flip away...trust me! The EGT and boost readings of the attitude are on the high side, which will keep you VERY safe if you adhere to those numbers, but I prefer analog gauges, even if they are cheap autometers. Since you're not looking for crazy high HP, you may want to consider the Predator. Not that Edge makes a poor product (trust me...the customer service is the BEST in the industry), I just feel that for the $$, the predator cannot be touched.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
r0kcrwlr,

Morning we sell a lot of Juices without the Attitude for folks just like you that are looking for a nice power increase without needing the max HP increase for towing and the like etc.

I would still like you to consider a pyro to be safe though, we have Auto Meter single gauge mounts that sit on the steering column that are great for that. Call us fi we can help you answer any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
510 Posts
I noticed that the juice alone in the 100hp mode seems to have alot less power than with the attitude in mode #3. i think this is why it shifts ok without the attitude. its just a seat of the pants observation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif
Jamie

·
Banned
218 Posts
I have the edge without attitude and it's more then enough extra power and I don't have a shifting problem at all. I think the extra HP with the attitude is just a bit much for the tranny. I do have gauges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mark
Do you have a picture of what the mount looks like?

Thanks
TasMan

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you tried it with the attitude you would realy like the power. it has alot less lagg with it and is almost scary fast. i agree about the extra power its a little to much for the tranny with it.
Jamie

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey there. I had a box first (not saying who's) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...then gauges. Let me tell you...I did not have to be on the high setting to wrap the EGT's up to 1500*F!!
In my opinion, gauges are the LIFELINE to your engine. Without them...it's anybodies guess what your doing to your engine!!
For the price I paid for the box and then the gauges, I didn't save anything. I should of got the "all in one" package in the first place.(oh well) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif
I now have a different module (not saying who's) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif, and it came with the display. Which includes the boost, rpm,and EGT's.
Yes, the digital display is slightly higher, but this is SAFER!!
No body is telling you that you have to run on the highest setting of any box, but I bet you "TRY" it!!!! And theres no turning back after that!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

I have a pillar-mount gauge assembly, with the gauges for sale...PM me if interested!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
132 Posts
I notice high EGTs when I run in level 4 (100hp) with edge/attitude when passing at highway speeds so I think you folks need to be really careful running edge without attitude in 100hp setting. When I run in level 3 (80hp) I get almost no defueling due to high EGTs. Without gauges and using edge without attitude, I recommend you run in 75hp setting. All my experience is unloaded. I don't have a good feel for pulling a trailer.

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
I have a question for those of you that have the Juice without the Attitude. Where are you mounting your flip switch?? I'm debating where this should go. I'm guessing it should be inside the cab, but I really don't want to drill any holes in my dash.

Suggestions?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts