The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because the automatic format for text links is barely noticeable when it's part of unlinked text, I wanted to edit a post from a week ago so the link is bold. But when I pulled down the menu for that post & clicked EDIT, I got the message "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days." I really don't think I've edited that many posts in the past 7 days. Can a staffer check that? I'm not even sure I've MADE 10 posts in the past 7 days. And assuming I have: when will I be able to edit another post - i.e.: when was the oldest of those 10 posts I edited? If you're tracking that statistic about me, can you make it so I can see it, too? It should also be mentioned somewhere in the rules or user agreement or FAQ or... I didn't even know about it until today.

The really-odd thing is that I just edited THIS post. SEVEN times. So something's definitely screwy with that message. To find 10 of my posts (before this one), I had to go back 20 days, and I'm pretty sure I haven't edited all of them in the past 7 days.

·
Super Moderator
25,204 Posts
Not sure about the message about editing 10 posts, but there's a time limit on editing any of your posts.
I can edit it for you, but would need to let me know what you'd like done. [on edit - I bolded the link in that post you took a screenshot of. Let me know if that's not what you wanted.]

I agree that the link text display is too weak. Maybe there's a tweak that the tech guys can do to fix that. Or maybe it's hard coded in the forum software.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. What is the time limit? What message do you get if you try to edit an older post?

·
Super Moderator
25,204 Posts
Not sure what the time limit is, Used to be 24 hours IIRC, but that was two forum software changes in the past.
Don't know what message you might get, as I wouldn't get them as a moderator (able to edit any post forever).

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently, the message I get if I try to edit a post after 2 days is "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days". I just tried to edit the one above as a test.

It would be nice if the error message was accurate.

·
Super Moderator
25,204 Posts
It would be nice if the error message was accurate.
Yes, that's true. Maybe the Admins can fix that. I'll point them here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts