The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 F350 6.4l

So randomly my check engine light came on along with the maintenance tool. Ill type out the list of codes that are popping up. When I delete the DTC using an H&S MiniMaxx Race Programmer,they just pop up again. I checked all the connections and everything looks good. She starts up phenomenally and idles great, but when I go to accelerate, it feels like zero air is coming in, and I have no power because shes in limp mode, and the RPM's wont exceed 2,000. I really dont know where to start or find out exactly what I need to replace. I have a bunch of notes, schematics, diagrams, and have the definitions of the codes. I really need to fix this issue, because its the only vehicle I have that has been reliable. Any help would be awesome!

DTC's from MiniMaxx Race Programmer:

P0405 - P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation
Sensor A Circuit Low.

This error occurs when the EGR position voltage is below the
specified voltage for a predetermined amount of time. This
error can indicate either a short to ground or an open circuit.

P0488 - EGR Throttle Position Control
Range/Performance.

This error occurs when there is an error in throttle position
vs. desired position, high temperature condition and throttle
not returned to open position when commanded, faulty
input signal detected, or broken return spring detected.

P0410 -

P1335 - EGR Position Sensor Minimum/
Maximum Stop Performance.
This error occurs when voltage of the EGR valve
falls below the minimum threshold.

U3F04

U3F13

B08FF

When I delete the DTC's above, the ones below pop up.

P042E

P0405

P0488

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
First, your engine is not in limp mode or reduced engine power operation. I am fairly sure the PCM does not enter FMEM for EGR concerns. It is likely choking due to un-commanded EGR flow or a closed EGR throttle plate. Typically with EGR valve DTC's we need to eliminate performance devices and address any intake air management concerns first. If possible remove the Mini-Max, clear all DTC's and road test the truck and re-diagnose with a proper scan tool to re-validate the codes you are receiving. Many of the codes you listed are invalid. Then I would begin by removing the CAC tube from the throttle inlet and inspect the throttle plate for free movement and proper spring loaded return. Address that if it has issues. Then you will need to perform the appropriate pinpoint tests for each component, both of which have been known to go bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention, that I have an EGR delete kit installed,and when I am standing in front my truck, on the left side it is all gunked up with something, like if the exhaust has been leaking from their fro quite sometime.

·
Vendor
607 Posts
The problem is in the H&S tuning. Go back to them and have them Fix the programming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts