The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am looking for the same setup. I want to add a coolant filter and get rid of the EGR (or at least block it off). Can anyone tell me if there is a place close to Oklahoma that does this work, specifically OKC? Also, what is the advantage/disadvantage to removing the EGR or putting in a blocker plate (and where can i get a blocker plate if no diff)? Is the coolant filter still necessary to install if the EGR is gone or blocked? Also what kind of dollar figure are you all talking about to remove an EGR and install a "bulletproof EGR" or complete delete? Finally I am a pretty mechanically inclined person, but how hard is the EGR delete process for the average person with average tools and little time??? Thanks to all.

·
Registered
801 Posts
The kit I got from River City Diesel included the block-off plate for the EGR hole in the intake manifold, as well as a new stainless up-pipe to replace the stock up-pipe, rather put a block-off plate on it. Their rationale to me was that they've seen block-off plates on the stock up-pipes warp from heat...made sense to me. Installing the coolant filter is just good common sense, given the track record of the oil coolers getting clogged up.

Including the price of the kit and seven hours of labor to install it, I paid about $1100 total. I installed the coolant filter kit from Dieselsite myself; it took me about an hour, and I took my time to make sure I didn't screw up.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why would you want to? ...
It's not that I would want to. I haven't really done a lot of research on coolant filters yet but from what I did see they look like they would be real simple to build with readily available parts. Just didn't know how cheap / available the real filters were. Thanks for the info

21 - 24 of 24 Posts