The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 08 f350 6.4 L and I want to put a egr delete kit on it...holy crap I am over whelmed about what parts to order and who has the best deals and which tuner I need, which exhaust, ect. It is my daily driven vehicle. I have 108,000 miles on it...I love to drive my truck. My husband is no help. He drives a Chevy...lol. I want it nice but not over the top. Not going to be racing it but might roast them down a time or two...Please help

·
Registered
10 Posts
depending on cash you are looking to spend one of the cheapest and best set-ups are as followed

Sct livewire tuner $ 600-$700
dpf and CAT delete $ 250-$300
S&B cold air intake $ 269

This will get you about 250 more HP.
If you have a diesel company tune the tuner which will give you over 300 additional HP thats about another $ 300

With the SCT livewire you can by pass your EGR instead of removing it and this is a great set-up for a daily driver.

These guys know diesel innovative diesel look them up this is were I purchased everything from.

Good luck and the HP is crazy...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
There are a ton of options out there as you have found out. Our most popular setup by far is the H&S Mini Maxx with a Diamond Eye 4" or 5" exhaust. Most guys also go with either an S&B or AFE intake as well. As for the EGR delete, we have had great luck with the Flo-Pro EGR Kit. I think they have the best bang for the buck kit out there. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or if youd like to go over the different options.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
google DPF -R 4.0

and add the EGR blanking plates.

they sell on eBay

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
keep in mind the 6.4 does not have a wastegate on it - the EGR releives excess pressure.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
NP

keep the pistons out of the crankcase

·
Registered
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I already have a gryphon tuner with dpf delete and s & b cold air intake. Next is an egr delete. What performance/ mileage gains can I expect?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
a friend got 1mpg on his F350 SRW

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I would not expect massive gains no matter what you do. After it is all said and done a couple of mpgs at best is all one can expect.

Driving style plays a bigger part of the ecomony picture.

Stay under 2K rpms, around 50-60 mph and stay off the boost. Coast to stops when possible and don't have a heavy foot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would not expect massive gains no matter what you do. After it is all said and done a couple of mpgs at best is all one can expect.

Stay under 2K rpms, around 50-60 mph and stay off the boost. Coast to stops when possible and don't have a heavy foot.
That's how I drive now. I haul rv trailers for a living and fuel economy is very important to me. Towing I drive 55 to 62. Empty 62 generally. 2000 rpms is 63. I'm getting 10.5 towing and 15.4 empty. That's on paper, not the dic. A couple more mpgs is always welcome.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's how I drive now. I haul rv trailers for a living and fuel economy is very important to me. Towing I drive 55 to 62. Empty 62 generally. 2000 rpms is 63. I'm getting 10.5 towing and 15.4 empty. That's on paper, not the dic. A couple more mpgs is always welcome.
How much are you towing? I'm wondering as I have same spec truck except I have 4.88 axle. My towing mileage (about 15k lbs) is around 9-9.5 hand calc, but at 65mph (almost 2500rpm) and over lots of mountainous or uneven terrain. Empty I usually go 55mph (2000rpm) or 60mph (2250rpm), and get around 14mpg. Surprised your mileage isn't way better than mine, especially as mine is totally stock with DPF on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How much are you towing? I'm wondering as I have same spec truck except I have 4.88 axle. My towing mileage (about 15k lbs) is around 9-9.5 hand calc, but at 65mph (almost 2500rpm) and over lots of mountainous or uneven terrain. Empty I usually go 55mph (2000rpm) or 60mph (2250rpm), and get around 14mpg. Surprised your mileage isn't way better than mine, especially as mine is totally stock with DPF on.
I tow anywhere from 6k on up. Just depends what the company has going out. I'm running 4.30 gears. I did raise my mileage from 8-9 towing and 12 empty. I'm surprised you're doing so well with a stock truck. Good to see someone else running a man trans.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
lisastrader69

what happened?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts

Kinda like driving under communism. Screw that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts