The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I ran into some issues while doing my intercooler on my 1997 F350. I have it all torn down and was positioning everything into place, problem is that my truck is a 2WD Dually and the sway bar on the front axle will not allow the intercooler to sit anywhere near where it is supposed to. The top mounts are a good 6" above the radiator. So needles to say, I have a useless intercooler now. Is it worth buying something like a Mishimoto I/C that is thicker but not as tall or wide? Or should I look into something like water/meth injection to cool me down.

A little background on the truck. 1997 F350 ECLB Dually 2WD. Just installed 160cc Rosewood Stage 1 Sticks. No Tunes. Stock turbo with Riff Raff 4/4 Wheel, 3" downpipe, 3.5 straightpipe. The truck is my yard dog and trailer truck for the farm. After doing injectors I hooked up my 25' gooseneck and my pulling truck. I was towing roughly 11k#. Flat ground it runs around 1000*, anything other than flat it will start creeping towards 1200* whether it is in O/D or not. Should I be looking for any other issues? I know I do not have any exhaust leaks. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
Usually on the 2wd trucks, you will need to make drop spacers for the swaybar brackets at the frame. I forget the size but it is either 1.5" or 2" square tubing. Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts