The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I washed my engine bay the other day, as soon as I left the car wash my egts sky rocketed over 1000 + the truck doesn't act any different at all runs great but that one gauge is the only one going crazy. I have the cts edge monitor. Ts6 position chip which I've tried going to oem setting and still crazy numbers. Is there something I could have sprayed that would jack up the gauges reading? Is there anything else I can watch and monitor to prove if maybe the egt gauge is wrong ? No cel codes. The boost gauge hasn't dropped psi or anything when I'm driving or anything so I don't think there's a boost leak at all. I just don't want to Crack my heads or melt pistons all because of washing the engine bay. If any one has any info or suggestions to look for or do let me know please thanks guys

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Sounds like the Pyro probe or a wire connection to it got wet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Might want to check the EGT cable and all connections for water intrusion. Where do you have the EGT pickup mounted, pre or post turbo? 1000 degrees will not hurt anything but it's high if you are just cruising along.
Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See that's what I thought I just wanted to see what others might say about it. It reads low at cold start but starts climbing pretty quickly after a minute or two especially after its warmed up. This morning it was staying at 1000 to 1200 at idle then once I started accelerating it would go down in degrees to around mid 900s, once I stayed at a constant speed 60 MPH it would fluctuate around 1000 to 1200 but it was 49 degrees outside at the time. The other day it was 70 out and the gauge was hitting 2000 maxing out

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'll take water intrusion for $100 Alex.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'd start by unplugging the connector and cleaning it with electric contact cleaner and plugging it back in and seeing if that fixes it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK so I cleaned the connector and that didn't fix it she's still going to crazy numbers. I went ahead and took the air filer off to see if maybe it was clogged somehow but didn't change anything either. Any other suggestions? I pulled the vacuum hose off the wastegate just to see if that would change anything also but nothing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been noticing that the temp goes up while sitting still idling but once I move even in boost the temp goes down would anything else cause that that you guys might know of?

·
Registered
283 Posts
EBV stuck??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes a jet sound usually. Does yours sound normal at idle out tailpipe? And they usually throw a code for stuck EBV. You say high temps at idle , what are the temp numbers at idle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea she sounds normal nothing has changed. The egt s are reading up towards the 100ps at idle once I've driven a little bit and stop at a gas station for instance but while driving they sometimes drop a bit but not much. It has gotten over to 2000 once driving awhile that's after I washed it

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Guage/sensor is wrong.
You may have to just replace it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts