The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have multiple electrical issues going on. I have checked fuses and they look fine.

1. No reverse lights. This may be from the electrical connection on the transmission. I need to check but I'm not sure of the procedure.
2. The common defrost issue (air only comes from the defrost). I do not have 12V to the vacuum pump.
3. Overhead display shows nothing. I sent it off to have the resistors replaced and the shop said it is working.
4. No heated seats. I replaced the driver side heating element a few months ago and it worked fine.

Is it possible these are tied together? I know it's a stretch but I'm stumped.

·
Super Moderator
25,492 Posts
Double check the fuses with a meter. They might look OK but still be bad.
You need to follow the voltage from the source. If you get 12V on one side of a component but nothing on the other (when there's supposed to be) that component is suspect. Could be a single bad connection.
There have been instances of the fuse box being affected by leakage thru the windshield gasket.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know which fuse controls the vacuum pump?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have this problem. It won't pass inspection because of the reverse lights. All the fuses check out good. If I could find a DETAILED wiring diagram for this truck it would help. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it. I started pulling fuses and it turns out the ignition run feed fuse controls all four. It was burnt out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts