The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 7.3l F250. Stock truck with 149k miles.

My truck has just gone insane. :crying:It beeps, makes noises, and flashes various lights randomly and sporadically, even when the key is not in the ignition.

About two weeks ago, the batteries went dead. I charged them up with a small battery charger and all seemed well.

Day before yesterday, when the engine was off, there were clicking, clacking noises when the key was in the ignition. Yesterday, there was something like the seatbelt beep, though muted, while the seatbelt was connected and I was driving. When the engine was turned off with the key in the ignition, the clicking, clacking noises were present but stopped when the key was removed. Also the Tekonsha Brake Controller flashed, but its flashing stopped when I pressed on its electrical plug at its back. Then later yesterday, when the engine was off and the key in the ignition, the passenger air bag off button flashed and the Brake Controller also flashed. They flashed for a few seconds even when the key was removed. Both times the truck was warmed up when the oddities occurred.

I have not been in the truck today at all, and my mechanic can't see me until Monday.

Edited to add that I read about the door latch thing, so went out and sprayed every door hole that I could find. Then I drove about 1/4 miles to the barn, turned off with no problems, drove home, and turned off with no problems. I need to make a 35 mile road trip tomorrow, so will see if problem has anything to do with a warm engine.

Any thoughts on what this electrical madness might be?

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Any chance it was out in a heavy rain recently? Maybe some water has infiltrated the fuse panel?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts