The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the vehicle new and it never seemed to really blow hard from the vents, even with max AC and recirculation selected. This past several months it would often not blow at all or blow based upon the engine RPM. The local dealership is saying that is was due to a bad battery. I am having a hard time following that line of thought because as I understand it once the engine is running the alternator should be handling all of the electrical load. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
when you dial the temp down as low as it will go for the AC, how forceful does it blow? I know above say 71 or 72, it is reduced blower speeds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree it doesn't make sense but I do know this, that modern electronic-computerized systems rely heavily on the batteries. I'm not saying it's the cause of the issue but if they are bad they need to be replaced anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Don't pay for any work that dealership does until it fixes your issue. If their work doesn't fix it, make them keep trying. Unless they can show you a battery test that shows a bad battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts