The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 superduty and going to delete the EGR and was wondering what's the best tuner or way to go about it pulling a code thanks in advance

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 2006 superduty and going to delete the EGR and was wondering what's the best tuner or way to go about it pulling a code thanks in advance
I haven't done the EGR delete yet but I read that the SCT is the best tuner to get to take care of the CEL after the delete. Maybe others more 'in the know' will chime in and clarify for you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I only use SCT. I would highly recommend custom tunes even if your truck is stock. I'm running WPE tunes. You can buy the tuner and tunes right from them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm using a SCT as well. I used it to just turn the CEL when i did my EGR delete. I didn't take the valve out because i didn't see a need to. I didn't do any other tuning though because it's a stock motor. Plus it seems to have plenty power stock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks that was my next question would be can you buy these things used this SCT tuner and where's the best place to buy em new or used

·
Registered
195 Posts
if you get them used make sure the tuner is not married to another vehicle or else you'll have to spent $150 to get it unlocked. i'd recommend new.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Don't take the valve out when doing the delete. The PCM takes a reference reading from the EGR valve, which is needed for proper cooling fan operation. The valve doesn't do anything EGR wise if left in place, but the electrical side is still important.

·
Registered
724 Posts
eBAy, get an sct for cheap money (300$)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts