The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all. new to the site, but heres what I got. Just bought an f350 superduty from a dealer I now wish I would not have done business with. Upon leaving the dealership the check engine light came on, and they had stated they will check it out with problems or anything.

With the dealership being a few miles away, I planned to bring it back in next time I had gotten off work early enough. Long story short, the egt sensor had malfunctioned leaving my truck stranded. the dealer refused to tow it, but said they would scan the codes and figure out what the deal was. Anyways, brought it to a seperate dealer, the issue has been resolved, but the def temp sensor is now malfunctioning. I know this doesnt cause any driveability issues, but man do these 6.7's ever stop blowing codes!?

Still love the truck though, just need to delete that emissions stuff :icon_wink:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
First Welcome to the Forum.

Not enough information really to help.

Is this a brand new truck (2016) with low mileage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2012 f350 with 86000 miles on it. I am picking it up tonight after the sensor has been replaced, and the truck is supposed to be good to go. hopefully no more "STOP SAFELY NOW"

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Glad it worked out. Hopefully all is well.

Let us know.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
2012 f350 with 86000 miles on it. I am picking it up tonight after the sensor has been replaced, and the truck is supposed to be good to go. hopefully no more "STOP SAFELY NOW"
Welcome to the forum, Bschwan350! How did things go when you picked up your truck last night? I'll be here in case you need any assistance. :thumbsup:

Crystal

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't know what kind of dealer you purchased from. But Ford has a recall out on this to re-flash the computer. They are also reimbursing owners that had sensors replaced. You may what to check and see if this re-flash was done. Supposedly. no one has got the "STOP SAFELY NOW" message after having this re-flash done.

More reading here.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f149/emission-recall-14e03-492201/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer I bought it from is less than impressive as far as their ability to stand behind what they say and their customer service.. They didn't even know there was an extended warranty to 100k miles on it.. But I probably should've not been so eager to get the truck either. Either way, love the truck. It's been running great since I picked it up. It's throwing a code because the dpf heater isn't working, but since I'm down in Florida I'm not worried about it.

As far as the recall goes, it covers up to 80,000 miles. Mine had 86 and some change.. I guess it couldn't hurt to run it by ford and see if they're feeling generous? Hahaha
Thanks for the replies fellas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts