The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New here, first thread/post. My F-350 finally dumped all its coolant all over the road on the way home and now it's at the shop waiting for them to order parts and fix it. It has a H&S Tuner on it and I always run it on max (300hp). I've obviously deleted the dpf (at 114k) and EGR both soft and physical. It has a new Mishimoto radiator in it and S&B Intake. The shop is going to install BD exhaust manifolds with up pipes and recondition the injectors if needed as well as take a good look at the oil rings while they've got it apart. They're doing an upgrade on the larger turbo to 73mm and o-rings on each cylindar to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. Anyone have any suggestions on what else they should be doing while they've got it apart? The new heads will, of course, include actual brass valve guides. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
14,502 Posts
Are you going to do ARP studs? That would be the absolute most important thing at this point to prevent this from happening again. Make sure and get the studs from a reputable source as I've heard of some Chinese knockoffs floating around on Amazon and eBay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're O-ringing the heads and installing new ARP studds on the heads and exhaust manifolds that are also being replaced along with up pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts