The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 600 F350 and the engine control fuse keeps blowing I went through six of them this afternoon alone any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
479 Posts
All stock? Any recent work or just out of the blue? I'm going out on a limb here, but best case you have a wire chaffing issue. For a quick attempt, you are going to need a lot of fuses (of the original amperage). You have to narrow down where the short is. I'd start with disconnecting the plugs going to the computer by the drivers battery, then plugging them each back in one at a time checking the fuse after each plug-in. Methodically give the wire harness some good movement in one area at a time and see if it still blows the fuse. Do one area at a time so that when you do get the fuse to hold, you at least have an idea where to look for a spot where the wire insulation is grounding out. There are some common spots where the wire harness becomes chaffed but you would have to have someone chime in with those spots or search old threads.
Good luck because wiring gremlins suck.

Typical disclaimer- be careful and use things you read on the internet at your own risk.

·
Super Moderator
25,485 Posts
Which fuse is blowing (the fuse number)? Without that information, there's really nothing more than guessing available to anyone.
With the fuse number a wiring diagram can be consulted to see what that fuse serves and narrow the search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts