The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a problem that ive heard on here before but can't seem to find the thread...I have a 99 F-250 and everything will be doing fine then the motor will just die...It doesn't seem to be temprature related cause it will happen backing down the driveway or several miles down the road.When it happens I stop the truck and wait about 30 seconds and will start right back up.Seems to be happening more frequent lately.
I replaced the CPS but did no good...Any ideas ????? Thanks for any and all replies in advance..

Keith

·
Registered
628 Posts
Check the tin nut on the ipr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is re-posted from 2010 thread if it helps :

Check the tin nut on the ipr. It holds the solenoid in place and that is critical to hold it there. The solenoid coil on the IPR actually moves the pintle valve inside the IPR. It doesn't "read" the valve position. But the result is the same with a loose tin nut. If it's loose, the solenoid coil moves instead of moving the valve inside the IPR.
If the tin nut backs off a few threads, the SOLENOID will slide back and forth and give false signal of injector oil pressure just as unplugging the wire would. The shaft on the IPR moves in and out and the solenoid reads the amount of travel. If the solenoid moves it is false and can even cause no start. I lost the tin nut in vally one time and solenoid slid off and was hanging on to harness but truck quit the second this happened. It took me about 2 hours on the side of road to see what had happened. I could not retrive the tin nut from vally at the time so I found a small brass nut im my tool box that I put on the threads to get it to hold in place. That brass nut has been on for 4 years now but I do have the tin nut in tool box in just case

1 - 3 of 3 Posts