The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming from a 99 7.3 and will be buying a 2020 sometime this year. I noticed that the plug in heater is extra, even with the 6.7 l. does the 6.7 have a heater already on the engine or it truly an extra?

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
The Ford built 6.7L PSD will not have a block heater installed in the cylinder block if the truck was not ordered to have one. In prior PSD engines, which means the Navistar built engines like the 7.3L, 6.0L and 6.4L, a block heater was installed in all engines from the factory and the cord was added if you ordered it or could have been added afterward. If your 2020 Super Duty is not ordered to have one you will need to install the heater in the block as well as install the cable.

I do not know how much the option is but it's probably worth every penny if you think you will be needing it.

·
Super Moderator
24,997 Posts
The block heater is a $100 option (list price). Get it.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
In that case, for $100 do indeed get it. It will cost a lot more to add it later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info. as I go thru the "build and price", there are several instances where an option is included in a package, but still shows up as an option. heavy duty axle and the camper package to name 1. just trying to figure it all out. it is insane what a truck cost's these day's. this will probably be the last truck I need to buy--short of a crash or other catastrophe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts