The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the diesel world with a 2000 7.3, it gets used as a work truck towing up to about 16K, but also as a daily driver , to have some fun in also. I was thinking of a DP tuner- 40t-80-100-120-140, with a DIY air filter, a 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust, and a water/meth to help control EGT's temps. how do you think the truck will respond with these mods, and anything else to help power without going into big money. Thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Im new to the diesel world with a 2000 7.3, it gets used as a work truck towing up to about 16K, but also as a daily driver , to have some fun in also. I was thinking of a DP tuner- 40t-80-100-120-140, with a DIY air filter, a 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust, and a water/meth to help control EGT's temps. how do you think the truck will respond with these mods, and anything else to help power without going into big money. Thanks
Pretty much what I did, except with different brands. I would recommend the ATS Ported Compressor housing, it will stop your turbo surge from when you tow. You will probably need a new wastegate housing from either Banks or TurboMaster also because with the additional boost the DP will make, the stock one will blow off. I don't know anything about the water/meth so I can't hep you there. Jody can also burn you a decel tune that will act like an exhaust brake using your EBV on your truck which is a really cheap way to get an exhaust brake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts