The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I identify whether or not my engine is an early model or late model year? It was built on 12-4-98.
My baby is Frankenstein's monster, she is an '01 V10 gas, upgraded to a (late 98 built) 7.3L diesel. But because of this I can figure out if it's a late model or early model and I'm trying to buy an EBPV delete pedestal (she's already been deleted with a Banks power elbow, but she's crying oil).
Can anyone help? There is a big difference between the early '99 and late '99 delete pedestal and I need her running in two weeks to pull our camper.
Automotive tire Font Technology Auto part Electronic device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a google search ford 7.3 early vs late turbo you'll find lots of pics etc.
This link lead me to the picture, which lead me to the EXACT answer I needed on another forum:
(in case anyone finds this thread and wants this info, key: #1 early '99 has 4 bolts on the compressor plate on the turbo, late '99 has 5 bolts, #2 early '99 has 2" plenums and late '99 has 3" plenums, pedestal matches to turbo)
I CANNOT thank you enough! I now have the part ordered and my "Sexy Beast" (as my husband has named her*) will be back together and running much better in no time.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts