The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one F250 1993 7.3 IDI turbo. I not drive the truck for two months the tie rod have broke. Last time i drive the truck the engine is was run good. The person i buy the truck from is tell me the truck need glow plugs. The relay do clicking noises that is normal? In summer months the engine is start some hard in the mornings but after that when engine is was warm is starting always fast. Now is cold days i tried start the engine 2 days ago i tried foraround 10 minutes no start. Today before i tried again stay no start. Is do that because the glow plugs is bad? The batterys is go down too the engine turn slow now. is okay i take out the batterys and give in parts store for charge?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Whoa... Obviously you need to repair your tie rods before it will start.

The original owner said it needs glows, you started it warm without good glows, now it won't start with it cold and your batteries are dead...all signs point to glow plugs to me, from what I could comprehend...Have you tried ether?

Put some new plugs in it and no ether please

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the answer. The tie rod is weird is break. I buy the truck in july. My first diesel. One day i have go visit in one house have steep driveway. Is suprise me the truck go up in the first gear without i press the gas. Now maybe i do mistake i should i put reverse and go on the road and i not tried turn the truck around. When i tried turn the truck around and no have much space one time i have put the 4x4. The truck is stick shift when i let the clutch is spin because the rear tires is was in the dirt. When i had reverse in the 4x4 i hear lound noise coming from the front right side. i think is was the 4x4 but now i think is was the tie rod do that noise. finally after one month when i go parking the truck the tie rod is broke. after that no have drive the truck i try save money restore the truck. But now i see the engine no start no try anymore to start i wait have the money take in mechanic, starting fluid i not use the previous owner used i think is wrong. This man have other truck with 6.0 engine but is have problems. is tell me is buy the 7.3 idi turbo because is go from atlanta in ohio and back with 22 foot trailer load with horses. and sale the truck to me because is wanted fix the other truck. i try save money to restore my truck. Is no burn oil no smoke. is my first diesel i notice in the 3 gear 4 gear the engine sounds like tractor. that is normal in diesel or need adjust the timing or the pump. And what shocks is the best for that truck? And the exhaust the pipe is before the rear tires is omeone have replace I wonder. trucks like mine i see online photos the exhaust the pipe is be under the rear bumper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts