The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2011 F250 SD 6.7 powerstroke diesel with 28,000 miles. It was manufactured in May 2010, and I read there is a problem with the glow plugs on vehicles manufactured before March 2011.

My question is was there a problem with all early models, and should I consider changing mine?

Also, any recommendations/experience with engine oil additives. I read that Turbo Maxx is an excellent additive as well as Archoil.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Opti-Lube Summer Plus and AR6200 for me. Both improved fuel mileage and AR6200 improved low-end power as well.
The 2 piece glow plugs with the early 2011 model tended to self destruct as the truck approached 100,000 miles. I would have them changed as a precaution.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Here is a fuel additive that I have seen good reviews of on another forum. The good words came from long time diesel owners. I may try it when the Opti-Lube runs out.
TDR-S : Amalgamated, Inc.

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oops, just realized that you were asking about OIL additives. I use AR9100 from Archoil. Since I added it right before an 11,000 mile tow trip, I can't say what, if anything, changed. But I averaged 12.5 MPG towing a 10K fifth wheel.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Cetane boost of +7...pretty high.
I see it mentioned frequently on the Turbo Diesel Register forum that is mostly for Cummins, but rarely anywhere else unless I bring it up. They do have a commercial (fleet) link or two showing good benefits for their product as well as individual users who swear by it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply, I will take the advice on the oil additive and have the glow plugs changed. I bought the truck used with only 28,738 miles on it so I'm pretty sure they are original.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the info. Since this is my first diesel pickup any and all information is helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts