The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of K5L horns I am installing soon, I have one 7 gal tank and plan on adding another five gal.
I am interested in which compressor set up, the single or dual system, would keep these full the best, and also what kind of load would they put on my electrical system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
not 100% on air horns but i run 2 viar compressers and fill my 12 gal tank for air ride all day with out a problem and realy dosent effect elctrical syestem that much not enoguh to notice

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I have a set of train horns from Hornblasters.com and I use a 5 gal tank with a Viair 480C compressor. I tested once in the country and I got 11 seconds of FULL volume. Based on that I would think that you have plenty of air . I have NO electrical issues when the compressor kicks on, it will only run with the key in the on position.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking for a setup on my truck.
I just want to be able to air up truck tires (to 80 psi) and maybe quad tires.
Where do I mount the compressor (tank if necessary) and where would I put the hose? Under the hood?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One of our onboard air systems would work great for your needs. Check out our Heavy Duty or Constant Duty systems.

Usually along the frame rail is a good location for the tank and compressor, although I have seen them mounted in toolboxes in the bed, etc. Once the system is mounted, you can run air line to anywhere on your truck to mount a quick disconnect. From there, you will hook up the coil hose for filling tires or anything else.

- Travis

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts