The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Truck has intermittent shifting issues. Fluid is clean / nice and pink…temp sits at 180. Mileage is 228k. Truck was cared for meticulously.
I pulled the code P0707-transmission range sensor has low voltage.
Thoughts?
Selector switch?
TCM?
Range sensor?

· Registered
5,456 Posts
Most likely the Trans Range sensor is failing. There are diagnostic steps for this but... simple things you can do is a visual inspection of the harness, trans connector and PCM connector. Correct any issues you find. Second is the shifter cable adjustment. Keep in mind that if the shifter is hard to move the manual lever might not be in the necessary position when in drive. Check the cable connection at the manual lever on the transmission and see if the lever is stiff when the cable is disconnected. Third is replace the TR sensor.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely the Trans Range sensor is failing. There are diagnostic steps for this but... simple things you can do is a visual inspection of the harness, trans connector and PCM connector. Correct any issues you find. Second is the shifter cable adjustment. Keep in mind that if the shifter is hard to move the manual lever might not be in the necessary position when in drive. Check the cable connection at the manual lever on the transmission and see if the lever is stiff when the cable is disconnected. Third is replace the TR sensor.
thats what I was thinking exactly. I appreciate the response

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so a quick follow up….. The transmission range sensor was replaced and all is good. Shifts perfectly and had a crisp shift again. Before pulling the code I suspected this could be the culprit due to a certain sloppiness in the shift, also the mis shifting was all across the board. It wasn’t limited to just a certain shift.

easy fix also!!!! Thanks everyone

· Registered
5,906 Posts
See, you did have a code, lol

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See, you did have a code, lol

Yes I did lol
Apparently AAMCO a national transmission chain didn’t have the correct scanner. Unbelievable!!!!

· Registered
5,906 Posts
Makes it a whole lot easier. That is why we give the advice. Often times met with resistance .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts