The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 f250 with the 6.0 my wife drove it then it wouldn't start when she came out of the store I have not had any problem with it myself at all and using the remote start has fixed the issue in the past however due to life situation I left it at my dad's temporarily and now it happened to him and the remote for the remote start died and I have the spare 2 states away. Has anyone had this problem starting and know a fix for it?

·
Registered
617 Posts
If it starts with a remote and not with a key I would think something is wrong with the ignition switch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does start with the key for me however this issue has only came up when I'm not the one driving the truck. I up until recently daily drove it for the better part of 2 years it happened to my wife a week after we got it and it just happened to my dad but never happened to me the way I got it to start last time it did this was with remote start but I regularly start it just using the key in the ignition.

·
Super Moderator
26,160 Posts
Maybe your wife and dad aren't holding their mouth just right when they use the key. :LOL:
Not much to go on for an internet diagnosis, though. With more info, a solution might come to light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe your wife and dad aren't holding their mouth just right when they use the key. :LOL:
Not much to go on for an internet diagnosis, though. With more info, a solution might come to light.
Sry I don't have much more cause I haven't had it happen when I was driving it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Maybe it's the way they are putting pressure on the ignition switch that is different than the way you do it? Maybe you push in/down/forward/whatever and they don't?

·
Super Moderator
26,160 Posts
Maybe it's the way they are putting pressure on the ignition switch that is different than the way you do it? Maybe you push in/down/forward/whatever and they don't?
Don't think that would make a difference, as the key cylinder doesn't activate the switch directly, but with a pushrod down the steering column. But maybe they aren't turning it quite as far and coming up short of the actual "start" position on the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts