The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a exhaust leak that sounds like it is coming from behind my turbo. I mostly smell it in the cab when I have the defroster going. I was wondering when I go to pull the turbo besides the oil drain tube, and the feed line, is there anything else I should be looking to update? I bought the truck 3 years ago with 89k miles on it. Now it has 122k and is a 2006 F250 6.0. Thanks for any input. It currently has the ear delete, coolant filter on it, blue spring update. It is not studded, but not sure if it had any other work done to it. I did find a bully dog EGT sensor still on it, but I currently have no tuner on it. Also is there a way to check the vin or something to see what may have been done to it? Thanks

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You could ask ford dealership for an oasis report, that would indicate any work done by ford. It's a bit more work, but you should look at doing the STC fitting upgrade and maybe even installing the upgraded standpipes/dummy plugs to ensure proper high pressure to injectors. Exhaust leaks can sometimes be attributed to leakes at the bellow joints. There aftermarket pipes that offer improvements...no experience on that for me yet. Another good upgrade (and good insurance) is sending your ficm to Ed at FICMRepair.com - FORD Powerstroke 6.0 FICM Repair, PHP Tuning and Truck Parts. The stock ones can fail at anytime, leaving you stranded.

Reactions: Shugmat

·
Registered
7 Posts
When you go to pull your turbo check you up pipe seals and connections. I'm not sure about the 6.0's, but that's a pretty common spot for an exhaust leak on the 7.3's and check around your exhaust manifolds too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts