The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving back from New Orleans this morning and started watching my egt gauge (pre-turbo). Had the cruise set at 85mph (gps verified). It's 77deg outside via weather.com.

Egt's stayed about 750 at cruise and would get up to about 850 going over a bridge or overpass. This is on the 37" tires.

Just posting if anyone was interested.

What egt's are y'all seeing at similar conditions?

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You put your injectors and stuff back in? Or did you never take 'em out?

· Registered
1,865 Posts
About 50* lower, but going about 10-12 mph slower than you.

· Premium Member
4,150 Posts
I am close to the same temps, if not just a tad higher. Somebody figure out what Elmo's final drive ratio is with 37"s and 4.56 rear end. Id like to know what that comes out to vs. stock tires and 4.10 rear. Where is the grumpy old man when ya need him?

· Banned
5,960 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I am close to the same temps, if not just a tad higher. Somebody figure out what Elmo's final drive ratio is with 37"s and 4.56 rear end. Id like to know what that comes out to vs. stock tires and 4.10 rear. Where is the grumpy old man when ya need him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Elmo's RPMs @ 85 mph should have been about 2569, with 4:10's at the same speed, RPMs should be 2310, assuming in OD and that OD is 27%

· Banned
5,960 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
at 75 i'm at 2350-2400 with 37's and 4:56's .

[/ QUOTE ]

Using the formula, you should be at 2267 RPMs, I'd say actual tire height is the biggest variable.

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went and checked while running errands. RPM's at 85mph are about 2600.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.