The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which Exhaust would yall say to put on? the stright pipe or one with a muffler? thanks anthony

· Registered
954 Posts
i put a tymar 4" on mine it came with a muffler. if you wanna call it that. about the equivalant to a cherry bomb but bigger. as far as restrictions there is none on the inside.

i love it.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Like Ryan I got a 4" Tymar system but I turned the muffler around so its a straight pipe but like Ryan said it has very little muffle anyways. The stock muffler is a flow through so its not really a restriction, where you will find you backups are slightly in EBPV (exhaust back pressure valve) just after turbo, down pipe and Catylatic Converter, if you dont want to buy a whole exhaust gut the EBPV put in a round DP and kill the kitty, but if you go aftermarket those are still the most important things to do.

· Registered
164 Posts
Either way you go your windows will be down when you get in the truck! Check your local laws before you do anything to make sure you arent going to get a tix for what you do.

· Registered
17 Posts
I do not "need" an exhaust. Will just replacing the down pipe do the job ? or do you really need to go all the way ? Could i just remove the cat and retain the stock exhaust? I have seen complete ehausts on ebay for 269.00 with down pipe are they any good? going to add a new intake this week end .

· Registered
859 Posts
biggest benefit is down pipe and cat removal or gut.

· Registered
3,510 Posts
HEATGUY,

A full system is alwasy best for flow rates and EGT drop etc. But you can get a down pipe and cat test pipe and it makes a big difference as well. Check our site we have the systems and pipes in aluminized and stainless etc.

Mark @ DPPI

· Premium Member
381 Posts
if you are looking for an inexpensive and good sounding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

get a 3" to 4" down pipe and remove everything from new down pipe and the back of the muffler and weld in a pipe in that space

and enjoy

· Registered
240 Posts
It took me a long time to make up my mind of what I wanted. And with sooooo many freakin' options it was crazy.
I spent many hours on the phone with Dale I. just to get an education of a simple question.

I WANT THIS SOUND....

.... and Dale say's, I can't help you. Ohhh, talk about frustrating. But ya know, he offered anough advise to get me thinking, and it did.

I started with a 3-4" downpipe and straight pipe with a removeable section so I could add a resonator or muffler... or both... exiting in front of the rear wheel, and it sounded BEAUTIFUL! The whine was remarkable, but the loudness of the system ruined it a bit for my tastes. So I ended getting a 27" performance muffler from him, and it quited it up almost to stock, I still get the whine, just not as loud. But I am happy and it does sound nice when I give it the heavy foot.

:-/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.