The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a search and couldn't find a part number or bolt size for the LH (drivers side) exhaust manifold. I am putting a new exhaust manifold on and the old bolts are too corroded to probably even get off without breaking, let alone reusing.

Does anyone have any information on these bolts, recommendations? Is this a dealer only item?

Thanks

1995 F350 Crew Cab 7.3L, 4X4, Auto Trans

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
The Exhaust Manifold bolts are:

Ford: F4TZ-9S425-A
International: 1820513C1

and they are M8-1.25 x 30 bolts (metric, don't know the grade though)

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I got the bolts at IH...I think all 8 bolts plus a manifold gasket was around 40 bucks or so

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exhaust manifold bolt size

The bolts for my 2000 F450 7.3 are definitely 10mm - 1.50 - 60 for the manifold to head connection. The 4 bolts for the flange connections are 8mm - 1.25 - 60. I am trying to figure out what the F4TZ bolt size is. I will have to research it some more.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
when I did mine, I used a sawzall with long blade and was able to cut the bolts behind the manifold and close to the manifold leaving enough bolt to use vice grips to back them out after the manifold falls off engine. The bolts get stuck in manifold not the head. If not saving manifold you can use a air chisel to shatter the manifold in seconds and it falls off leaving bolts for a vice gripp. I removed inner fender well as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
7.3L Exhaust Manifold Bolt Size

To add to my earlier entry I went back to the bench and looked over the bolt situation. For the 2000, F450, 7.3L the exhaust manifolds bolt onto the heads with (16) M10 - 1.50 - 60 bolts. The up pipes to the cast iron Y-assembly on the turbo are (4) M8 - 1.25 - 30 bolts. The up pipes attach to the exhaust manifold with (4) M8 - 1.25 - 60 (these are pass through holes and use (4) nuts). I have opted to reassemble the entire system with stainless A4 grade, hex head bolts from Fastenal (with a generous amount of anti-seize applied). They are on order and will be here tomorrow, I will post the Fastenal numbers when I get the order and make sure they are correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts