The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What dealers on here can do extended warranties? Bobby Williams? Looking to extend my warranty on my 2008 F-150 before the 36k miles runs out and need to get a price. Please let me know who can help me with this and how much would it cost to do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What dealers on here can do extended warranties? Bobby Williams? Looking to extend my warranty on my 2008 F-150 before the 36k miles runs out and need to get a price. Please let me know who can help me with this and how much would it cost to do it. Thanks.
Prices will differ but any dealer will sell you a warranty. Fill out the blanks for your truck on this site and they will have a quote for the various types. Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

·
Registered
296 Posts
That is where I bought my truck and that is who I will go back to and get that 200K extended warranty at next month's end. ..

After reading the warranty I am considering how many miles I would have to drive in the next 6 years in order to take full advantage of the 200K warranty. I have to drive over 32K per year! I now have 2450 miles on the truck. This Diesel EngineCare Plus warranty , the way I perceive it, is designed for that individual who will not be standing still and racks up some serious mileage.. like a commercial driver.

I believe I could get the 100K which covers everything the DEC Plus covers and then some, and comfortably drive right to 16.9K per year for the next 6 years. It does not matter which warranty I get they are still maxxed out in 6 years.

Basing this on how many miles your going to drive and say you have no intentions on doing even 100K in the next 6 years, why would a person not get the Premium care covering 500 plus parts as opposed to getting the Diesel Engine Care plus when the former covers everything the later does and a whole bunch more? The difference in price for the duration of the contract is one whole $5 dollar bill. That is considering a $0 deductible for each. They both expire at the same time and they both cover all the same engine/drivetrain components.

So for $5 dollars less you basically get more than the Diesel Engine Care Plus. The roadside assistance is a consideration if you have no other means of vehicle insurances that provide roadside benefits. For me, I have the Express Insurance Plus and Good Sam plus which overlaps coverage for my truck and my fifthwheelr. I guess that would be another reason I would not need that 200K DEC PLus.

If I missed something, please sound off. Nothing has been purchased yet and I would like to hear all available options before said buy
thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
After reading the warranty I am considering how many miles I would have to drive in the next 6 years in order to take full advantage of the 200K warranty. I have to drive over 32K per year! I now have 2450 miles on the truck. This Diesel EngineCare Plus warranty , the way I perceive it, is designed for that individual who will not be standing still and racks up some serious mileage.. like a commercial driver.

If I missed something, please sound off. Nothing has been purchased yet and I would like to hear all available options before said buy
thanks
It doesn't cover everything "and then some." The different packages cover a certain limited number of parts, with the PremiumCare offering the most comprehensive protection. I'll bet that there are standard problem parts (e.g., fuel injector, oil/fuel pump, etc.) that are common across each package, but there are other things in there that may not be. For the extra $$$, I'd personally just go for the most comprehensive package, but I'm the kind of guy that's planning on keeping the truck for at least another 5 years--if I can do it, I'll keep it until it's not feasible to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts