The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
millsryno,

How are you finding those wheels to keep clean? They look great and I am looking for new wheels too, but am scared too many nooks and crannies will be a pain to clean. :lol:

Tony2

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Your truck looks great it looks like what I have on order. I am glad you posted those picts I have looking at the same tire and wheel combo. You mentioned your gas mileage is not that good what are you getting?
I'm getting 15.2 mpg and I am pretty light with the foot. 3.55 gears incase that wasn't mentioned before.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do you think there is enough room in the rear to clear tire chains? Front?
I'm an Arizona native and have never had to put them on...so wouldn't know for sure how much room they take up.

I am pretty sure there is plenty of room in the back, but the front is pretty close. I have not rubbed, though...even on full turn and bumps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
millsryno,

How are you finding those wheels to keep clean? They look great and I am looking for new wheels too, but am scared too many nooks and crannies will be a pain to clean. :lol:

Tony2
Mine still look brand new....granted I don't deal with snow and I only have driven on pavement. I don't think they will be a problem. I like them because they look heavy duty and have a real nice shine to them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine still look brand new....granted I don't deal with snow and I only have driven on pavement. I don't think they will be a problem. I like them because they look heavy duty and have a real nice shine to them.

Yes that is what I noticed about those wheels is they look beefy, some of the wheel options just don't seem to suit the Super Duty's.

Did you get your allignment done yet? Any pull or drifting around in the lane?

I was considering doing a lift, however seems nobody up here offers a 4-Link lift 4" that they can install, and if I provide the lift and have them do the install 1 shop wont touch it and the one that will wants mucho bucks to do it!! So I am not sure what to do.

Thanks again for the info,

Tony2

·
Registered
1 Posts
millsryno - who did the work for you? I have almost the exact same truck coming in next week and I would like to do something similar I am also in AZ.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes that is what I noticed about those wheels is they look beefy, some of the wheel options just don't seem to suit the Super Duty's.

Did you get your allignment done yet? Any pull or drifting around in the lane?

I was considering doing a lift, however seems nobody up here offers a 4-Link lift 4" that they can install, and if I provide the lift and have them do the install 1 shop wont touch it and the one that will wants mucho bucks to do it!! So I am not sure what to do.

Thanks again for the info,

Tony2
the shop that did the leveling kit said they checked the alignment and said it was right on. They also said that with the ReadyLift stage 2, that an alignment was not neccessary. When I drove it off, the steering wheel would sit at the 1:00 position and when I let go of the wheel, the truck would veer left. I took it back to them and they said it was right on when they checked it when they did the lift. They attempted to adjust the steering wheel so it sits at the 12:00 poition, but it still sits at the 12:30 position and still veers left. They said it is because big tires will wander....but the thing is it's only pulling one direction which leads me to believe that the alignment is slightly off.

I don't think they checked it or don't think they know what they are doing. I am going to have the dealer check it when I go in for my first service.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
millsryno - who did the work for you? I have almost the exact same truck coming in next week and I would like to do something similar I am also in AZ.
Check my post above this one for info regarding the alignment. I was happy with all the work they did except for that.

Leveling kit and amp research bars were done at Desert Rat on 19th Ave and Peoria??.

Wheels and tires were done at discount tire in Buckeye off I-10 and Watson. I am happy with the work discount did EXCEPT I *think* they lost the lock that goes over the hole where the spare tire "pole" goes to lower the tire. I say I think they lost it because I am not positive if one was ever there...but would be surprise if the truck didn't come with one, as my F-150 did. Anybody able to check their truck? It's a hole right by the license plate where you stick the pole to lower the spare. Is there a cover or lock there?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Every 11 i have seen has had no plug in there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have not looked at my 11 but my previous F350's did not have locking plugs as the whodamit (little socket looking thing) in the glovebox that fits on the end of the lowering tool is keyed to that particular truck and if you do not have it you will not lower the tire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's a very nice looking truck. I like my Tuxedo Black, but that Sterling Grey looks outstanding. The power steps are very cool as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great looking truck, very clean look, well done. I wish my truck had chrome bumpers rather than the painted gold color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's the exact kit that I'm looking to do. Can you do me a favor and measure your cab height? I want to see if I can still fit in a parking garage at work. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curious if you still have the truck and whether you are still happy with the Stage 2 leveling kit? Would love to know how it has held up since I am planning to do the same thing to my 2013. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Great looking truck, very clean look, well done. I wish my truck had chrome bumpers rather than the painted gold color.
It's too hard to accurately measure. I do know that the parking garage at the airport shows a 7'2" height and I do barely rub hanging indicators when going under them (they swing). I'm guessing the top of the cab is 7'3" to 7'5" in that range.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Curious if you still have the truck and whether you are still happy with the Stage 2 leveling kit? Would love to know how it has held up since I am planning to do the same thing to my 2013. Thanks
Hi. I do still have the truck. For the most part, the lift has been good. I've got 55K miles on the truck now and I think it still has the same ride as when I originally put this lift on when the truck was new. For what it is worth, they advertise you maintain your factory ride. Truth be told, I had my alignment checked when it was installed and the caster is off. I do not think it affects the ride, however, and they said that is normal with a lift like this (dealer said same thing)

I keep my tires inflated to 55psi in the front and 50 in the rear. This makes a huge different for a better ride. My tires have 55K miles on them and I am going to try and get another 10K out of them (no joke!) I get them rotated every 5k miles on the nose and actually have a matching spare that gets rotated in. there is still a ways to go before they are worn down to the wear bars....been extremely happy with these tires.

When the tires were brand new, I thought they were perfect size/fit. Now that they have worn, I think I wish they were just an inch bigger or so. I will have them test fit 37" Nitto's when I am ready for new ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the update. Please post how the test fit for 37's goes if you do it. When I inquired about the Stage 2 at a local shop, they told me that 35's would probably rub with the same setup as you have and that I would be better off with the 295/65/20's.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks for the update. Please post how the test fit for 37's goes if you do it. When I inquired about the Stage 2 at a local shop, they told me that 35's would probably rub with the same setup as you have and that I would be better off with the 295/65/20's.

Thanks again.
295/65R20 is a 35.5" tire.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts