The Diesel Stop banner

F-350: New leveling kit, wheels, tires, power steps (PICS!)

59K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  millsryno 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to all the people who helped me to get my truck ordered and answered all my noobie questions. I have the truck now with less than 1000 miles driven on it. It is awesome. My only two complaints so far are that it goes into regen every 75-90 miles and there are not any child seat anchors. My fuel mileage is lower than I had hoped (prol because of the frequent regens).

Here are some pics. I had a 2.5" Ready Lift Stage II leveling kit installed, 20x9 Moto Metal 959's, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65R20 and Amp Research power steps.

The truck is a 2011 F-350 CC, Sterling Grey, Black leather interior, Short Bed, 6.7L Diesel, Lariat, 4x4, Camper Package, factory spray in bedliner, 3.55 gears, electronic shift on the fly. I went with the Black leather interior with the 2-tone seats. While waiting for the truck to arrive I had heard that they were going to do away with the 2-tone seats and only offer monotone. I had originally wished I had just waited for the monotone because I wasn't sure if I liked the dual tone....I am SO GLAD I got the 2-tone, though. It matches the exterior color perfect and ties it all in.

There is no rubbing at all on the tires. If you look at the front diver side wheel well, you will see that there is some trimming in there from the factory. The tire would slightly rub if it were not pre-cut from the factory. I have no rubbing going over bumps. I have not put a load on it, nor have I had it offroading.

Let me know if anybody has any questions. I am adding more pics to this thread (limit is 5 per post). Click the pics to see them larger.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More pics....click the pictures for a larger view. One more set of pics coming...

Attachments

#3 ·
Look...no rubbing :thumbsup:

Attachments

#4 ·
Very nice looking rig, what the offset on those wheels?

#5 ·
Thanks.

Size: 20x9
Offset: +12
Backspacing: 5.47

#8 ·
Thanks. It is 4x4 with electronic shift on the fly, but no FX4 package.

#14 ·
The XD Badlands are awesome, too. I had a real hard time deciding between the Moto Metal 959s and XD Badlands. In the end, I only chose the 959s because they had a little better weight capacity. Otherwise, it was a coin toss.

#13 ·
Just got done reading the other thread about Leveling Kit problems. How does your truck drive/feel/ride after the change compared to before? I have my tires/wheels on order and I'm trying to decide what kit to go with.. the ICON 2.5 Stage 1 or the Ready Lift Stage 2.
I drove the truck for a day with the leveling kit and the stock tires. I did not notice much of a difference in ride with this set-up. Once I got the new wheels/tires installed I can tell the ride feels a little stiffer. It's not bad at all though, but not as soft as the factory ride. The Ready Lift keeps your stock springs/shocks...that is why I went with it because I wanted to keep as factory of a ride as possible.

Overall, the wheels/tires effected the ride more so than the lift. I wouldn't go back, though...

I am taking my rig back in to get the alignment done. THe steering wheel sits between the 12:00 and 1:00 position.

If you go with the REady Lift kit, make sure you get the stage II for the track bar relacation bracket.

#15 ·
Your truck looks great it looks like what I have on order. I am glad you posted those picts I have looking at the same tire and wheel combo. You mentioned your gas mileage is not that good what are you getting?

#23 ·
Your truck looks great it looks like what I have on order. I am glad you posted those picts I have looking at the same tire and wheel combo. You mentioned your gas mileage is not that good what are you getting?
I'm getting 15.2 mpg and I am pretty light with the foot. 3.55 gears incase that wasn't mentioned before.

#16 ·
Thanks for the reply Mills. After speaking with Mac from ICON today I went ahead and ordered the ICON 2.5" Stg 1 kit with the addition of their adjustable pan-rod bar to square the axle back up. The kit comes with 4 of their high quality shocks and instead of spacers they include 2.5" taller dual-rate front springs. It's more money, and I think the Readylift kit is a great kit too... I guess I just wanted to be a little different and try the ICON out. I was also very impressed by the fact that I was able to get info from a very knowledgable Tech within a few seconds of calling.

I ended up ordering the 20x9 AR ATX Crawl wheels for mine with Nitto Trail Grappler 295/65R20's. I'll try to get some pics up when it's all together in a few weeks. They are going on an F250 CC SB Lariat in White Platinum.

#17 ·
Great looking truck

#18 ·
Your truck looks great. Smart choice on the readylift. I was looking at other spacer kits and then a light popped on my head that seems like spacers only would limit the suspension. I'm thinking about doing the same kit on my dually. Probably won't get much bigger tires but will give it a bigger stance. (Really 1.5" would per perfect for me but haven't seen many kits that size that have all the good components.)

#24 ·
I'm an Arizona native and have never had to put them on...so wouldn't know for sure how much room they take up.

I am pretty sure there is plenty of room in the back, but the front is pretty close. I have not rubbed, though...even on full turn and bumps.

#22 ·
millsryno,

How are you finding those wheels to keep clean? They look great and I am looking for new wheels too, but am scared too many nooks and crannies will be a pain to clean. :lol:

Tony2

#25 ·
Mine still look brand new....granted I don't deal with snow and I only have driven on pavement. I don't think they will be a problem. I like them because they look heavy duty and have a real nice shine to them.

#29 ·
Check my post above this one for info regarding the alignment. I was happy with all the work they did except for that.

Leveling kit and amp research bars were done at Desert Rat on 19th Ave and Peoria??.

Wheels and tires were done at discount tire in Buckeye off I-10 and Watson. I am happy with the work discount did EXCEPT I *think* they lost the lock that goes over the hole where the spare tire "pole" goes to lower the tire. I say I think they lost it because I am not positive if one was ever there...but would be surprise if the truck didn't come with one, as my F-150 did. Anybody able to check their truck? It's a hole right by the license plate where you stick the pole to lower the spare. Is there a cover or lock there?

#30 ·
Every 11 i have seen has had no plug in there.

#31 ·
I have not looked at my 11 but my previous F350's did not have locking plugs as the whodamit (little socket looking thing) in the glovebox that fits on the end of the lowering tool is keyed to that particular truck and if you do not have it you will not lower the tire.

#32 ·
That's a very nice looking truck. I like my Tuxedo Black, but that Sterling Grey looks outstanding. The power steps are very cool as well.

#34 ·
Great looking truck, very clean look, well done. I wish my truck had chrome bumpers rather than the painted gold color.

#37 ·
It's too hard to accurately measure. I do know that the parking garage at the airport shows a 7'2" height and I do barely rub hanging indicators when going under them (they swing). I'm guessing the top of the cab is 7'3" to 7'5" in that range.

#38 ·
Curious if you still have the truck and whether you are still happy with the Stage 2 leveling kit? Would love to know how it has held up since I am planning to do the same thing to my 2013. Thanks
Hi. I do still have the truck. For the most part, the lift has been good. I've got 55K miles on the truck now and I think it still has the same ride as when I originally put this lift on when the truck was new. For what it is worth, they advertise you maintain your factory ride. Truth be told, I had my alignment checked when it was installed and the caster is off. I do not think it affects the ride, however, and they said that is normal with a lift like this (dealer said same thing)

I keep my tires inflated to 55psi in the front and 50 in the rear. This makes a huge different for a better ride. My tires have 55K miles on them and I am going to try and get another 10K out of them (no joke!) I get them rotated every 5k miles on the nose and actually have a matching spare that gets rotated in. there is still a ways to go before they are worn down to the wear bars....been extremely happy with these tires.

When the tires were brand new, I thought they were perfect size/fit. Now that they have worn, I think I wish they were just an inch bigger or so. I will have them test fit 37" Nitto's when I am ready for new ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.