The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2017 F250 lariat, and I have a leak coming from under the steering wheel when it rains. Has anyone had any issue similar to this? Window was replaced 6 months ago but the leak just started. Someone told me it could possibly be the sunroof? Never heard of such but throwing it out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Question... does your truck have cab lights ?
Cab lights in the past have been known to leak along with sunroofs and rear third brake light/cargo lights.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
We recently had a windshield replaced for a customer which created a water leak so I might not completely think it is not. I have yet to see a sun roof leak but FYI the front water drain tubes run down the front A-pillars - if you have a leak with one of those it is going to be one is disconnected at the sunroof frame - ran across the ONCE. Clearance lights were an issue early on with the 2017 models built on or before 23-Jan-2017 may exhibit a water leak into the passenger compartment due to poor sealing of the clearance lamp gasket. If the water leak is determined to be from the cab marker lamp, a revised cab marker lamp assembly is available that has adhesive on the gasket to improve sealing. The gaskets are also considerably thicker. The revised clearance lights are installed in all trucks built after that date. In all cases where I diagnosed leaking clearance lights on these water leaks from the head liner and down the A Pillars. I recommend having this actually diagnosed as water can follow wiring harnesses and dash parts and migrate. More often than not, the location of the leak is nowhere near where the water is observed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts