The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Forgive me if this has been asked in the past, but I have searched extensively and haven't found an answer yet. I am a noob, so please have patience. I have learned a lot from these forums in the past, but just now found a need to create a post.

I recently discovered a crack in one of my front wheels (factory aluminum). Part 4c3z1007ka, stamped 2c34-1007-ba. I discovered these wheels are prone to crack (after talking with several wheel shops including the dealership) and have decided to find another option, preferably chrome steel. I am not having much luck finding a wheel i like in the same size and offset (16x6 8x170mm 5.35" offset). The only option the dealership has is the original wheel or the steel spare. Most wheel shops around here only have one option if any.

I recently bought 6 new tires so changing from the 16" isn't really an option.

I am considering just purchasing two fronts for now, since the crack is on the driver front wheel. Does anyone know if a different wheel width and/or offset amount would work without any rubbing or steering issues? Most wheels that I am finding have less offset that stock.

I am not concerned with matching the rears specs since I run different treads on the fronts and never rotate to the rear.

2004 f350 sd DRW 4x4 6.0 lariat crewcab 235/85/16

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I believe Alcoa makes the Ford factory wheels. I have heard there's a recall on some of them for cracks and Alcoa will send you a new set.

I would check into that if I were you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds convincing. In the research I have already done, the only brand names I recall seeing were Accuride and Firestone. But I will do some more digging and see what I can find out about Alcoa.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I can find on Alcoa. The recall only includes aftermarket wheels, and not wheels that were sold through Ford or other factory. Ford apparently never recalled the wheels, but would've replaced if cracked under warranty.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Hey guys. Forgive me if this has been asked in the past, but I have searched extensively and haven't found an answer yet. I am a noob, so please have patience. I have learned a lot from these forums in the past, but just now found a need to create a post.

I recently discovered a crack in one of my front wheels (factory aluminum). Part 4c3z1007ka, stamped 2c34-1007-ba. I discovered these wheels are prone to crack (after talking with several wheel shops including the dealership) and have decided to find another option, preferably chrome steel. I am not having much luck finding a wheel i like in the same size and offset (16x6 8x170mm 5.35" offset). The only option the dealership has is the original wheel or the steel spare. Most wheel shops around here only have one option if any.

I recently bought 6 new tires so changing from the 16" isn't really an option.

I am considering just purchasing two fronts for now, since the crack is on the driver front wheel. Does anyone know if a different wheel width and/or offset amount would work without any rubbing or steering issues? Most wheels that I am finding have less offset that stock.

I am not concerned with matching the rears specs since I run different treads on the fronts and never rotate to the rear.

2004 f350 sd DRW 4x4 6.0 lariat crewcab 235/85/16

Thanks in advance for your time and help!
I bought some wheels for my dually off of ebay, about 3 years ago. This was after having issues with the wheels that were on the truck when I bought it. I had a similar issue finding something. I looked at ebay under dually wheels and a bunch came up. Mine were made by ION and at first I was worried about them holding up, but they have been great. I use my truck a lot pulling a 40' gooseneck and use it off road quite a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I have seen the ION's. They look great but think they might be a tad much in comparison to the factory rears that I intend to keep. I am leaning toward the ATX Ledge series as of now. I have done some measuring and can't see any issues by going with less of an offset. This would make the fronts stick out a tad bit more, which I think I might enjoy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered some of the XD Rockstars. Should be here by the end of the week. Anybody running these without the center caps? Curious to see how that would look. I enjoy being able to access the hub lock when I need to. ESOF isn't always a 100% guarantee.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anybody running these without the center caps? Curious to see how that would look. I enjoy being able to access the hub lock when I need to. ESOF isn't always a 100% guarantee.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is the only picture I can find of my one buddies truck with the caps removed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here is another:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool. Thanks for posting. Doesn't look bad to me. Still not sure what they will look like on the chrome offset dually wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just found out they offer a open ended center cap for them. So I might wind up ordering some of those too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts