The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been any rumors about Ford offering an F450 with a pickup bed in 2004?

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
No.

At least not a factory bed.

But Ford is pushing their dealers to use the Manning ship-thru service so it will have a pickup bed installed by the time the dealer sees it. Manning is right outside the Kentucky Truck Plant gate, and they mount a real Ford DRW pickup bed on F-450s and F-550s. For about $5,000 sticker price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have seen 3 450's w/ pickup beds so far... 2 were at Rodeos, and one, a guy drives here in Town.. They look really sharp!

-Chris-

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I haven't seen one, however that will more than likely be my next truck.

Al Copeland "of Popeyes Chicken fame" has a sharp looking yellow 650? or more than likely a 750 with a pickup bed and stainless steel saddle tanks. I'de give my left Nutsey to have that one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any chance of some pics of that F750??

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
cb1, if you don't mind could you send the pictures my way also?

Thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the replies.
I have looked at Centurion, Fontain, HighwayMan, Manning, and others and they all seem to have a good setup. The problem is the additional cost on top of a non x-plan truck. I was hoping based on rumors that Ford was going to make a factory F450 pickup which I would hope would be a bit less expensive, maybe not. I have been kicking around getting a newer 5th Whl, and it seems that the weight of the higher line models, even in the 32 to 34 foot range are coming in around 12,000 lbs dry and 14,500 gross. This puts them out of a F350's published capacity. I know there are 5th wheels that still fit in the F350's capacity, but it would be nice to have the option to go up from my current rig. Right now my current plan is for a DRW F350 in LE trim, but with the Harrisburg Pa. RV show in September who knows what I might see. Along with all the towables and motorhomes they normally have a great display of tow vehicles, from 1 ton up. Again thanks for the responses. Estimated order date for replacement truck 10/01/2003.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
check out Royal Truck bodies

·
Registered
113 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts