The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial. I'm new here too and this makes it all a little easier to understand.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You may not have lost as much as you think. Bigger tires mean your speedometer is slower, which makes the odometer incorrect. Therefore less miles rack up per tank.

My tire change resulted in 3 miles per hundred miles difference. So every tank I have to add 10-12 miles to the calculation... It makes me feel a little better....

Musclford
I am new to the forum as well but had the same thing happen when I added 35" Mud BFG's. I lost a 10th of a mile each mile. I have been running 35" BFG's for 173,000 miles and never changed the odometer so have to add that .1 back in.

Thanks again to all for this string as I am new to really working on my PSD other than adding the chip, tranny cooler, gauges, and installing the in-cab control for my Rancho shocks. Sure is nice to adjust the ride on the fly.. :cool: No more stopping and getting under the truck to change the ride..

I have just purchased a new tranny temp gauge and working on getting a 4" exhaust along with a new 6 position chip. Time to make some good mod's.. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still don't understand the pressure surge. I just put on a Air raid intake and I can hear the a whooshing sound at low rpms but into the throttle. is this the surge? And what is actually happening on a pressure surge?

Thanks,
Wes
I too have the cool whoosing sound after installing a Tymar but mine's louder the more I get into it. Once I hit fourth it goes Plee-e-e-sh. I hope thats the wastegate opening up and not surge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
As a general rule of thumb 100 horsepower or less will be safely under 25 psi of boost.

No. Depending on intake and exhaust, almost any increase in power can produce over 25 PSI. With a good intake and exhaust, you can get about 21 PSI without any chip or programmer installed.

i have an afe intake with a 4"turbo back exhaust and hit spikes of 35 with my stock turbo and 100hp chip

21 - 24 of 24 Posts