The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Updated!

[ QUOTE ]
If we could develop these things into articles with one sticky post with links to various articles, that would be the best of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the vote of confidence Kevin, I agree with what you're saying as well. I wanted to help out and figured this would be the easiest solution and would give us some feedback as to the best way to handle it in the future.

On a related note, could we crank up the timeout on editting posts so I can append some of the newest suggestions (sorry I missed yours Ryan!) to the original post?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

Tony, if it's too late to edit your original post, try sending a PM to klhansen, a moderator, and ask him to edit the necessary stuff into your original post. I'm sure he'd be willing to make the necessary changes.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
How about this one.

High Pressure Coss over, (HPX Mod) Easy install for the contorsionist (sp) Benefits; Equlizes high pressure oil in heads. And for the naysayers I will quote a PSD Engineer from FOKISD rally two years ago. " it makes sence and can only help equilize the oil pressure in both heads" Cost, I think about 35 bucks.

See ya Beantown

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

The AIH Mod as well as a number of the other mods is covered in thread links HERE LarryM Little Secrets Sticky at the top of the van forum if you lose the link.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Another popular Mod for the list. Sonnax Tricumulator Mod- Replaces the Line modulator valve and springs for the shift pistons in the valve body of the transmission for crisper firmer shifts. Best instructions I have seen on how to do it are at www.blackclouddiesel.com They also sell the kit. Difficulty medium to hard,depends on mechanical aptitude. Requires socket set and Inch-pound torque wrench to properly torque valve body upon reinstallation.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
removal?! I put one *ON*. Saves the paint from underhood heat.

But, if you want to remove it, its pretty easy. Use a skin wedge, or a door panel removal tool and jam it under all the plastic push tabs that hold it to the hood. Pry them out and off it comes. You may need to play with the hood light a little bit to feed it out of the hood blanket, but its all pretty easy. 10 min job?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I JUST WENT OUT TO MY TRUCK AND DID THE DOOR AJAR ALARM DELETE AND OVERHEAD CONSOLE LIGHT MODS.10 MINUTES AND ALOT LESS ANNOYING!I JUST WISH I KNEW ABOUT THE DOOR DING WHEN I WAS INSTALLING ALL OF MY ELECTRONICS UNDER THE DASH!

·
Registered
6 Posts
has anyone done the manual wiring to modify the automatic glow plug relay switch so that it does not work when not needed

·
Registered
309 Posts
So you guys took care of the key-in ignition buzzer but how about the ever so annoying seat belt dinger! Anything else you can do besides wear the seatbelt,or stick other the belt in, or push the button every time you start it?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
There is a procedure in the manual called BeltMinder Disable that you can follow. Or, you can reach under the seat and unplug the wire that goes to the seatbelt.

·
Registered
679 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone done the manual wiring to modify the automatic glow plug relay switch so that it does not work when not needed

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't the way it is.. If up to temp, it doesn't excite the relay.

Musclford /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks. Yes its a 7.3. With the "Breather housing" On the left cover, and I found the pics of the mod so now Im feeling rather noobish.... Heh..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didnt see the chrome badge (acetone) trick. Dont buy chrome badges when they are already on your truck! Tape off outside of the stock badges to protect paint. Soak a rag with nailpolish remover, or acetone. Spend an hour or two wiping away the black paint on your fender and door badges. The finished product is a chromed badge. Just like the one you can buy. I used Q-Tips on the door badge to get in-between the small lettering.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeh guys I did the Ic foil wrap mod and I was wondering anyone else did it how did they get all the old insulation off the pipe. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeh guys I did the Ic foil wrap mod and I was wondering anyone else did it how did they get all the old insulation off the pipe. Thanks
i did this mod to my truck you just peel it off as best as you can then i used 2 cans of brake cleaner and a wire brush to get the rest of off i ended up polishing both tubes when i was done hope this helps you

·
Registered
228 Posts
Overhead console light always bright.... I unplugged the light blue wire with red tracer as in the picture, but the light in the overhead console would not work at all afterwards. I saw a post where a guy with the same truck (2002 F-350) did it with success. What am I missing?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts