The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help my truck died i was turning down a street and my truck just died like the ip wire came off then i noticed smoke from my solenoid on the passneger fender. A wire completley melted and all power to my truck when ignition is on is gone no clue whats going on here but i tried to patch the burnt wire with new wire and i got power back and it cranked once and then died with a melted wire agian

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
That wire feeds everything but the starter. It's a fusible link on the 99 & up truck and probably is on yours as well. The fact that it smoked again after you replaced it means is you have a serious short somewhere downstream of the wire. You need to track down the short and fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok went today to asses the situation I noticed a black coated wire coming from the fss on my ip to a small sensor in the head near the big black hose for the water pump this sensor has two wires connected and the black one was off laying on the motor and when i picked it up it was a little melted and charred is there any power going through this wire when truck is on? I dont have a tester

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Yes.
That runs the cold timing advance and the high idle.
It hooks to a temp switch behind the thermostat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts