The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and thank you for reading my post. I'll come clean. I don't drive a truck, but I was sent here because you guys have more knowledge on biodiesel than anyone in the TDI car community. I drive a 2014 VW TDI and I absolutely love my car. But those jerks at VW pulled an emissions scandal, idk, maybe you've heard about it. Anyway, I guess you could say I got a bit upset because my car no longer has an EGR or a DPF. If it doesn't work, why have it? We can discuss the legality and the morality of doing such a thing at a later date, but I did it so I could run biodiesel.

The people in the VW forums are FURIOUS with me. They all seem to think that the common rail diesel engine can't handle the fuel, there's mention of water being a problem as biodiesel can absorb it from the air and wreak havoc on the engine. I was told to get a water fuel separator installed ASAP, but no one knows which ones would work best.

I've been researching as much as I can, and it seems like Rancor makes a great filter for this application, and if I ran 2 in series, a 10 micron, and a 2 micron, I'd get damn near 100% of the water and any other particulates out of my fuel. The 400 series look pretty nice, and in my limited experience, I'd say that's what I should be going for. But they're for regular diesel fuel. Does anyone have any input on if these filters would do the trick with B100? They sell them with heaters attached as well, I bet that would be nice to lower the fuels viscosity a bit... does anyone have any input? I'd be keeping the stock fuel filter in there as well. Probably try to find a 1 or 2 micron filter to put in it's place. Any help will be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts