The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger mirror stopped functioning and despite buying an extended warranty near the end on my Ford warranty, I have been told I need to buy another mirror to the tune of $1500 Canadian.:sick:
Not going to happen of course! The mirror can stay extended TFN and when time permits I may attempt to fix this junk as demonstrated by other posters on this site.:cowfrown:
To say Ford as not impressed me is an understatement and the extended warranty appears to be a waste of money so far.
Rant complete!!:icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad:

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I tough those mirror was only about $500 ????

Cowcop : nice to see someone from BC on this forum

·
Registered
696 Posts
Is it the power fold that stopped working, or the mirror extend adjustment?

Does the mirror have any external damage? If it does, then they won't repair it under warranty. However, if there's NO evidence that anything hit the mirror, then I would go back and fight them about it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Which extended warranty did you get?

Premium Care says this: Power window motors/regulators (from Flood Ford).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mirror will not fold out once it comes in. All other functions work. When you attempt to have the unit fold out, you see a minor movement then nothing. There is no external damage.
The extended warranty is from First Canadian , but the story clouds here. When I bought the extended warranty, I was shown a sheet of what is and is not covered. Already aware of this (and other issues), I read the mirror comment and all that would be denied was glass breakage/damage. However, when you go on line, as I did yesterday, the assembly is now denied.
I will be getting my papers out of my truck today, to see if I have a copy of the original "coverage". I can then go to war if I have proof.
Interestingly, after I told the service advisor that I was not going to bend over, I got another call saying that the extended warranty people were going to call back within 24hrs. with a "final" decision about paying for repairs etc.
The saga continues with the following options available to me....
1) Purchase new mirror from FORD - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
2) Repair my mirror - very likely
3) Purchase used mirror from wrecker - price unknown????
4) Aftermarket replacements - buy three SETS for Ford's cost of one mirror
Now I need another coffee!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stand by for a breaking story!!
Moments ago, my dealer phoned to say the mirror would be replaced by extended warranty!! No explanation, so I will ask questions when I get my truck back tomorrow.:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My passenger mirror stopped functioning and despite buying an extended warranty near the end on my Ford warranty, I have been told I need to buy another mirror to the tune of $1500 Canadian.:sick:
Not going to happen of course! The mirror can stay extended TFN and when time permits I may attempt to fix this junk as demonstrated by other posters on this site.:cowfrown:
To say Ford as not impressed me is an understatement and the extended warranty appears to be a waste of money so far.
Rant complete!!:icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad:
Hi Cowcop,

Allow me to address your concerns. Please send me your VIN, full name, phone number, and servicing dealer info. I'll see what can be done to get that mirror back in it's place! :eek:rder:

Mathieu

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Cowcop:

It's a trick!!

Make sure you ask the questions after they give you your keys back LOL!!

I just brought my wife's 2013 Edge in a few weeks ago with 18K miles for new rear brake rotors under warranty and when I went to pick it up they let me know that the pads and labour was not covered $220. The dealer said that Ford wouldn't pay for it and only $500 plus for the rotors. I'm getting old, and short story is that they said that I should bring my other Fords in for brake inspections, why would I do that, you inspected the brakes on the Edge a 1000 miles ago!!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Mathieu: Welcome!!

It is nice to finally see a Canadian Ford Service Rep on the forums.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Mathieu: Welcome!!

It is nice to finally see a Canadian Ford Service Rep on the forums.
I agree, welcome Mathieu

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Another unfortunate example of why to only buy a Ford ESP and not a 3rd party. They weasel out of everything they possible can.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome ( Bienvenue) Mathieu!:canada:
When I went to pick up my truck, the service rep I had been dealing with had left for the day. The bill came to $1622.53 plus $162.50 for labor. There was no explanation given for the "pay - no pay" debate.:headbang:
I was required to pay a $50 deductible plus tax.
Arriving home , I checked my extended warranty papers, but could see nothing about mirror coverage, but I did see my deductible was $100.
I have no answer as to what is going on, but I have a new mirror. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Another unfortunate example of why to only buy a Ford ESP and not a 3rd party. They weasel out of everything they possible can.
Totally agree with this!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
When I went to pick up my truck, the service rep I had been dealing with had left for the day. The bill came to $1622.53 plus $162.50 for labor. There was no explanation given for the "pay - no pay" debate.:headbang:
Arriving home , I checked my extended warranty papers, but could see nothing about mirror coverage, but I did see my deductible was $100.
I’m a little confused why you would have to pay the deductible if it wasn’t covered under warranty??

Either way I’d talked to the service rep again, I’m thinking that they owe you 1622.53 plus tax. My last Ford Dealer wishes he had the fleet business back and the 20 plus trucks that my new dealer sold.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey there MPD56....you missed my post where they decided my extended warranty would pay for this mirror, and then charged me only a deductible. The wrong deductible, so I expect a call soon!! :no:

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I take it he was listing what the repairs cost but he only paid his deductible.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey there MPD56....you missed my post where they decided my extended warranty would pay for this mirror, and then charged me only a deductible. The wrong deductible, so I expect a call soon!! :no:

Sorry Cowcop:
I'm bad. I was sitting by the campfire on a cell phone without my glasses. Or the neighbour brought over a bad batch of beer, either way the wife took my electronics away.

Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No worries!!:beerchug:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Cowcop,

Glad to see it all worked out! :woot:
In regards to the 50$ deductible, I have no answer as well; I would need to take a look at your extended warranty in details. :read: Let's call it a compensation for the stressed caused by quoting you 1 500$ out of your pocket at first.

Have a great day,

Mathieu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts