The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just added dump insert on truck like to get some ideas on air bags for rear. thanks

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Firestone or Airlift would be a toss up, either one are high quality. What specific questions do you have?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
part #s for firestone ride rite also wonder if truck sways when loaded and pulling trailer ride somewhere about inboard or outboard explain please thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,191 Posts
Firestone air bags mount outboard of the frame rails. As far as the other items, not sure what you mean. :shrug03:

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
My airlift are mounted outboard. I get no sway with 2000 lbs of kingpin weight. Pulling a bumper pull trailer, bags don't really affect trailer sway. Proper loading of trailer is more important.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Some of the airbags mount inboard of the frame. They will provide lift but closer to the center of the truck. I can't report on the inboard bags because, I have always gone with the outboard bags. They it should provide best anti-sway from bed load. Wag from the trailer is as chuckster57 says, proper loading of trailer is key. I have done that wrong more than once!!!!
DENNY

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to all decided to go with firestone 2484

1 - 7 of 7 Posts