The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, how goes it. I got a '01 F-250 w/7.3 I bought little over a year ago which, at the time had 398k on the clock, now she's got around 420k. Outside of new starter and batteries, I haven't had the opportunity, if you will, to really get to know my truck..until now. I recently pulled my buddy's Z-71 on a trailer almost 100 mi (yea, we all know how a chevy gets home lol), at any rate, that was really the first time I've had her under any kinda load for any real amount of time. I set the cruise at 60 mph and made the trip without a hitch. A wk later, w/o a load at 70mph on the interstate, I dig off in her and the ses light comes on and, what seems to me a loss of boost. light goes off, boost comes bk..anyways, long story short, here I am elbow deep in the top end and so far I have a leakin pedestal and donut failure on the up-pipes. I found the left side vc leaks pretty good on the inside and also on the left side, the little orange intake boot to manifold wasn't even connected. New up-pipes, vc gaskets, uvch (cause I broke it), and glowplugs, just cause. Anything else y'all can think of just cause I'm there? I've got the turbo and pedestal, up-pipes, both vc all off the truck. I've been readin posts on here for almost six months but, just recently joined and this is my first post. I've learned so much from y'all I almost feel like I know what i'm doin lol..almost! Any suggestions welcome and greatly apprecieated and thanks again.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I would check the turbo and see if it needs a rebuild. If so go with a 360 thrust kit.

Maybe a new Intercooler/manifold boot kit with that many miles. Riffraff sells a good kit.

I would clean the oil and dirt off the tubes and intake manifold if their dirty at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was curious as to wether or not the fact that I'm upgrading the up-pipes would be a cause to up-grade the turbo as well. Seems obvious enuff but, good nite this stuff aint cheap! But, needless to say, if imma do it, may as well do it right. I don't know very much at all the realm of diesel and more often than not, I find myself caught up in all the options smh..i'll get there, tho. Thanks for the input and what might be an efficient way to determine a complete rebuild vs just a wheel?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts