The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is why I joined here! My 08 F350 sits in the garage all the time. I drive it occasionally, but its purpose is to pull the trailers. I pulled it out Sunday to clean out the garage. When I tried to put it back in the garage I turned the key with nothing. Couple cycles later it started but then stalled seconds later. Multiple times starting and stalling just to get it in the garage. Once in a while the starter would start, stop, and start again with the key in the start position. I thought that was an intermittent power. I have been looking on here to see if I run across any same situations. The only thing I have seen on here that might pertain is about regen cycle or EGT. The last time I drove it might have been in the middle of a regen, but can not be for certain. Never had an issue before. The dash lights are all there and when you turn the key I hear the relay under the hood clicking. Even with the lights on there is not power draw.
So possibly a lock out situation? I cant say anything about codes I have never seen one.
But why would it occasionally turn over? Anyway, any help or ideas for a direction to turn before I call and have it towed to the dealer would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has it been on a battery tender? I had a similar problem and it was my battery.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
do you have a powerstroke capable scanner? pull the code would be my first step

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I know they are not weak. I just drove it a couple weeks ago. When I took it out of the garage last weekend it started up like always, fast! it was just when I went to put it away it started then stalled multiple times. Now I have the no turn over. I heard on here that it could be locked out. Could this be the case? I replaced the factory batteries about 8 months ago with big Dekka ones.
I do not have a scanner But might look into one. I do not see where it is showing a code. Or do I just need to hook up and read for one.
The only thing I can remember when it was starting and stalling is once it showed a wrench, but it has not appeared again......

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had electrical problems before and they taught me a few lessons. Since it sounds like an intermittent problem, my first thought would be to remove and clean all the battery cables and posts if you haven't done that. It's amazing how a little corrosion can throw off the charging circuit and other electronics.

If thats not an issue then maybe a bad connection through the charging circuit. Connections at the relay / alternator / etc. Our trucks do bounce around a lot and sometimes shake things loose that shouldnt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts