The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appoligize for this being my first post, asking for help, but Im getting ready to pull the trigger on my first Diesel purchase, I have owned gas powered 1500 trucks my whole life, and as of now im very new to diesel ownership, and I could really use some pointers on what to look for.

I found a 2011 F-250 CCSB, with 70k miles on it. I like everything about it, but I just know nothing about these trucks, or what to look for on servicing, or needing service, or prone problems.

Its a single owner truck, with all service but very minimal, done at their dealership. The only warranty work its had done is replacment of a few bulbs and a tire air stem replaced.

When going back this week to drive the truck for the last time, and possibly sign the papers on it, can you give me any advice on what to look for or check when looking this vehicle over?

And on that note, at the 70k mark, what type of maintinence or repairs are thse vehicles prone to at that point, and up? I have been working on vehicles my whole life, and I build custom vehicles for a living, but up to this point, everything has been a gasser. I want to take the leap to Diesel, but really would like to hope / know im getting a good truck first.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I appoligize for this being my first post, asking for help, but Im getting ready to pull the trigger on my first Diesel purchase, I have owned gas powered 1500 trucks my whole life, and as of now im very new to diesel ownership, and I could really use some pointers on what to look for.

I found a 2011 F-250 CCSB, with 70k miles on it. I like everything about it, but I just know nothing about these trucks, or what to look for on servicing, or needing service, or prone problems.

Its a single owner truck, with all service but very minimal, done at their dealership. The only warranty work its had done is replacment of a few bulbs and a tire air stem replaced.

When going back this week to drive the truck for the last time, and possibly sign the papers on it, can you give me any advice on what to look for or check when looking this vehicle over?

And on that note, at the 70k mark, what type of maintinence or repairs are thse vehicles prone to at that point, and up? I have been working on vehicles my whole life, and I build custom vehicles for a living, but up to this point, everything has been a gasser. I want to take the leap to Diesel, but really would like to hope / know im getting a good truck first.

Thanks again!
My 20011 that I had built in Oct of 2010 ran great until around 80000 then the AC evaporator went out. You have to take the whole dash apart to get to it. All the dealers at Ford want $1300 for the job. At 999500 my Turbo went. At 120k the power steering hose and pump seals had to be rebuilt. $500 And mean time the trans was starting to clunk. I guess they had issues with solenoids and torque converters. I haul a V nose 2 place snowmachine trailer around and a Lance Camper so that might of added to the issue with the trans..I traded in at 125K for my 2016.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts