The Diesel Stop banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Lol yeah that’s far; I wasn’t getting any fuel pressure from the fuel bowl/filter valve until I changed out my fuel pump
With one from my local store; now upon cranking I am Seeing 5-15psi depending on how long I crank

·
Registered
461 Posts
yes PSI builds up, there is lots of knowledgeable people on this site, should be able to get you back up!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Just weird how my previous fuel pump was bad and now that I replaced it still won’t start and I’ve cranked it until all the air came out of the valve

I know thank you for all the help I can’t wait to get it running again!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Your HPOP, when you crank the engine does oil gauge build up pressure? also the reservoir is it filled with oil?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
So my guess is that at first it was my cps that had to be changed

I changed to the newer ford model and it worked for a little bit

Then my fuel pump died out on me and would not show any pressure on the fuel bowl gauge

i have replaced the fuel pump and now have pressure and smoke coming out the tailpipe upon cranking...what do I even check at this point besides waiting for my for scan to arrive?

·
Registered
461 Posts
It is hard to say, I am suspecting a fuel/ injector issue, that is why I said once you get a scan tool do the injector buzz test.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Possible injector or still a fuel issue, oh what about your IPR, there is a nut on it that holds a solenoid on IPR with two wires going to soleniod, the nut is a 5/8 size use a wrench make sure nut is tight on IPR

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I checked it out and even replaced it but when I had My previous fuel pump that wouldn’t build pressure! Maybe that could be the problem?! I can go buy one and install it if you think it could be that problem?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I returned the other one as it made no difference; kept my last one and re ringed it all while I was at it but who knows now what the real problem is...I need my scanner tool ASAP

81 - 100 of 140 Posts